[Brazelton] Mel Brooks NOT dead at 89 - April Fool's Joke

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/entertainment-arts-35705824

He died peacefully in his sleep, so not a bad way to go. Still, it's a bummer because that guy shaped my sense of humor. Even though he hadn't directed anything since that awful Dracula: Dead and Loving It, I still enjoyed the shows and movies he starred in. I'm thinking of the entirety of season 4 of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Damn shame.

And he died on April Fool's Day no less.

:p

Okay, now April Fools' Day is over. Apparently Rickrolling make a brief comeback yesterday, considering that political candidates Rickrolled each other as well. :D

I watched a bit of Blazing Saddles this morning. I did have sense of sadness seeing GOV William J. Lepetomane thinking he had recently died. Then I remembered this damn joke.

This was a prank worthy of rustlers, cutthroats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperadoes, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bulldykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers... and Methodists!

Always beware when reading anything on April 1. But seriously, I will be genuinely sad when Mel Brooks dies.

Very late to the party :\

I opened the "article" in a separate tab in the background which scared the crap out of me when it loaded.

Though we don't get it on TV here, so the only way for me to watch it would be to hoist the ol' skull and crossbones.