Merry Christmas everybody

I don't know where you are, time zone wise, but it's Christmas here, and I just want to let you know that you all deserve a great Christmas day, and some good luck and happy tidings in the coming year. But that's for next week - for now, I just hope the next week can bring some nice food, nice social interactions, fun times, and all that.

Started to snow here now, I don't think it will amount to too much but, hopefully, we get enough to have a white Christmas this year. Is actually the first it has so far all year as well so truly may be.

I need to share how much this scene makes me laugh every time. Especially Cliff's reaction to the accusation.

Merry Christmas holiday whatever/wherever to y'all!

The spread (would normally post in dinner thread, but seems more appropriate here):
IMG_4020.png

Air-fried smashed potatoes, beef brisket, mushroom & onion gravy, butter rolls (w/ butter, pumpkin, or raspberry jam), baked acorn squash rings, and Bell's Christmas Ale.
There's also a plate of cookies off to the left that I couldn't fit in the shot:
IMG_4021.png
Oh boy. You don't know how hard it was to stay up long enough to get these pictures edited & uploaded. Oof.

--Patrick

Christmas for us is always a nice family dinner and not much else. This year, it was on Christmas Eve because everybody had other christmas obligations as well (I'm the only single one in the family so none of that for me), and it was the first time making the food all by myself, with dishes I cobbled together myself from various inspirations and other recipes. It was a resounding success, everybody loved it. So that's a good christmas for me.

soy marinaded salmon with edamame hummus
cod brandade with preserved lemon relish
buckwheat blini, beetroot ricotta, duck confit
venison, butternut squash puree, fennel cream, pickled apple
baklava cheesecake

This was kind of a meh Christmas for me, tbh. With Dad starting his chemo and radiation treatments (no side effect yet, knock wood), and it just kinda sneaking up on me, I kinda pulled a Dan Vogelbach running the bases thing - slowed up as I limped around third but still made it home safely.

Of course, when your main Christmas present is the new heating/cooling system...

Started to snow here now, I don't think it will amount to too much but, hopefully, we get enough to have a white Christmas this year. Is actually the first it has so far all year as well so truly may be.
The snow yesterday didn't really amount to too much, just enough to say it was technically a white Christmas. Different story this morning though.

20211226_083850.jpg

I guess even Santa is experiencing the shipping delays.