[Brazelton] Michael Nesmith

No, only Mickey Dolenz. Peter Tork passed away in 2019.

Aww, man. This is sad. I loved the Monkees as a kid. My first concert was there reunion tour in '87 with Weird Al Yankovic as the opening act. I still listen to their stuff. I know it was dismissed as prefabricated, but a lot of it was good pop songs.

There were. Davy Jones passed first, but his death was pretty widely covered. I assumed you missed Peter's because it was less mentioned.
It was Peter’s I knew about, I had forgotten about (or hadn’t noticed) when Jones passed. But then I’ve always been a Harrison main.

—Patrick

Last edited:
Andrew Sandoval, manager for the Monkees and Nesmith, speaking to Variety:

As a solo artist, he had played to his biggest crowd at Hardly Strictly Bluegrass (in San Francisco) in 2019, and he was going from highlight to highlight, as far as performing. And the Monkees’ “Good Times” album (their studio swan song, which went top 20 in 2016) — few other artists of his generation were having that kind of success … and critical success, finally, for the Monkees, where they had been lambasted for decades; they were finally accepted. He died knowing that they were beloved, and he finally embraced what they meant to so many other people. I think he finally got it.​