[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

GasBandit

Staff member
To continue before we were so rudely interrupted...

You know what? Now I'm pissed. Fuck your links. They don't prove discrimination, they prove 11-12% of voters are too lazy or incompetent to get their shit together when the slightest inconvenience is involved. Frankly, if you ask me, it's too easy to vote. The stupid, the lazy, the incompetent - they all have overwhelming numbers and they each have the same voice in government as the others. This is the tyranny of the imbecilic. If it's too much of a hassle for someone to get their goddamned driver's license or equivalent valid picture ID, then they don't need to be voting. They need to be getting their shit together. Fuck. If I had my way, you would have to present a god damned Purple Heart or higher commendation to vote. There are too many shit-head no-brained worthless detritus pulling levers every November.

And if what I just said offends you, go gargle some colon and set yourself on fire.

Holy crap Gas... I'm honestly amazed that THIS was the issue that would make you rage.

Now I feel bad for even mentioning it.

GasBandit

Staff member
There's a recent failbook post with someone saying that someone else's colon smells. After a few "well, yeah..." posts, they realize they misspelled cologne. I suspect it may become somewhat of a minor meme, similar to "I accidentally a whole x"
No, I did not mean cologne. I literally meant to jangle bits of distended intestinal-rectal interface in the throat.

These get locked at 100? Man, time to get my shit together and get that WCAJ locked.
Not as a rule but I felt like keeping a sequeled thread locked at 2 for all time to be kinda ridiculous, and figured 100 was as good a place as any.

But by all means, we can force a Webcomics Appreciate Hoedown or something.

It's generally a good idea to lock them after that many... I know the image threads at RPGNET would crash the forums once they got much larger than that.

Nope, seriously doesn't offend me man. But to answer your question in the last post from the old thread - no, there are some people who can't get a half day off every six years. There are some people in this country who are working 2 or 3 jobs at a time trying to make ends meet and can't get any time away during the hours of operation of a DOL (or DMV depending on your state) office. But seriously - this is really not a hot button issue for me, and I will not be gargling anyone's colon over this. Do I think the system could work better? Yes I do. Do I think that this is necessarily discrimination? No I don't. At least we don't require someone to show their selective service ID in order to vote anymore - I vaguely remember having to show mine the first time I voted.

GasBandit

Staff member
As long as I'm snarling, I'll snarl about something specific as well.

This morning it was brought to my attention that one of the DJs had cut a spot that included a web URL in it, which was airing about every other hour. The copy for the spot listed the address as something akin to 'libraries dot u-t-e-p dot e-d-u' (though that wasn't the actual address).

Any reasonable, thinking human being in this building identified that this was written that way to indicate that you say "libraries" but spell out "utep.edu," as opposed to saying "libraries dot youtep dot edjyou."

But what this bimbo said on the spot, which then subsequently aired over and over until I yanked it down, was "libraries dot U dash T dash E dash P dot E dash D dash U."

At first I just laughed my ass off about it , and the engineer and traffic directer laugh about it too. So I kill the spot and take it off the air... and when she comes in, I chuckle and let her know.

AND THE STUPID COW GETS INDIGNANT. She starts off defensive then moves straight through it to obstreperous. Repeating "That's how it was written on the script, how was I supposed to know?!" Uhhh, YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO KNOW BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT BRAIN DEAD, despite evidence to the contrary. You are supposed to know because you've been working in radio, in THIS town, where THAT institution of higher learning is... for at LEAST 10 years, maybe more. Maybe if you banged a couple brain cells together once in a while instead of banging men who HIT you, you'd have the functional ability of a learning-impaired chimp! I know it's hard for you to function because you're a 40+ year old mental preteen with enough emotional issues and breakdowns to power your own reality show NETWORK, who only ever got by on her now-quickly-fading looks and a ridiculous boob job, but all those years of fast living and partying has left you looking like beef-jerky-wrapped silicon now and so people are going to start needing you to be less stupid than a housepet if you want us to put up with your timeworn, leatherskinned, put-out-to-pasture ass. Shit!

All you had to do is chuckle back, or even say "oh, sorry! I'll fix it!" But nooo... you had to get defensive and act like you're being unfairly persecuted or some shit. God, I can't believe anybody tolerates you. I would wish some horrible fate upon you, but I can't think of any future worse than the one you've already made for yourself. Could not have happened to a more deserving forced-into-retirement cumdumpster.

Maybe if you banged a couple brain cells together once in a while instead of banging men who HIT you, you'd have the functional ability of a learning-impaired chimp! I know it's hard for you to function because you're a 40+ year old mental preteen with enough emotional issues and breakdowns to power your own reality show NETWORK, who only ever got by on her now-quickly-fading looks and a ridiculous boob job, but all those years of fast living and partying has left you looking like beef-jerky-wrapped silicon now and so people are going to start needing you to be less stupid than a housepet if you want us to put up with your timeworn, leatherskinned, put-out-to-pasture ass.
This had me laughing out loud, seriously. Thanks. Reminds me of a woman that used to work next door to a place I ran.

GasBandit

Staff member
This had me laughing out loud, seriously. Thanks. Reminds me of a woman that used to work next door to a place I ran.
Credit where it's due, somebody else at work first called her "a slim jim with a boob job" when she started working here, so my beef jerky stab might be a bit derivative.

Credit where it's due, somebody else at work first called her "a slim jim with a boob job" when she started working here, so my beef jerky stab might be a bit derivative.
I used to work with a woman that was on the path to becoming this creature, I gave her a nickname of Boobsie McKraken. She was so freakin' over the top about pushing her boobs at men that it was almost comical.

fade

Staff member
This thread has honestly crossed from good-natured political debate to McVeigh-Con 4.

My just bought MP3 player decided it doesn't want to work properly so now I have to dig around for the damn purchase receipt. Oh, and I got sick and it is raining outside. Nuts.

An indignant parent called the college library last night demanding to know what it meant that her son's midterm grade in a course was an "F". I said, "That usually means he's in danger of failing the course" - since a midterm is an early warning. "What?! Why hasn't his professor been in touch with him before this?" "I don't know." "Well, who can I talk to about fixing this?" I was real close to saying, "Did you try talking to your son, telling him to put in more effort?" I didn't, but I gave her the number for academics, so it's their problem now.

M

makare

This semester needs to end. I am about to lose it. These have been some of the most stressful months I have ever lived through. I actually preferred last semester when my body was falling apart.

I have an almost overwhelming desire to smash my laptop against the wall until it breaks and burn all my school books. :( Sigh.

That's one area I really thank God for my Mexican genes. My grandpa was in his mid-seventies and still had most of his hair before he died. I can only hope for the same.

Nature has decided that at 35, I've had enough time with hair.
I'm turning 35 in a week. You can live vicariously through my hair if you want. I'll tell stories about combing it and running my fingers through it if it helps.

GasBandit

Staff member
Remember the dash e dash d dash u lady from before?

Today her facebook got fished. Though I suppose it could happen to any non-techie. Just had to spend 45 minutes fixing that studio's PC.