Movie News & Miscellany

On the way from Blu Sky Studios (the same folks responsible for the Ice Age films and Rio) is Peanuts, based on the Charles Schulz comic strip. There's a teaser trailer that's been released.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=116144

It's nice they found an approach of computer animation that evokes the old specials without being a direct copy of them, but something in my gut tells me this is just a cash-in, especially with its release being the same year as the strip's 65th anniversary.

So glad they are finally doing a sequel to the only Pixar movie that actually needed one.

Granted, I genuinely feel like the Toy Story series got better with each sequel but they never felt necessary when announced. The fact that this is only the second Incredibles and the third Cars, not counting planes, is a travesty.

Though I am glad they didn't just push one out for the sake of it.

So glad they are finally doing a sequel to the only Pixar movie that actually needed one.

Granted, I genuinely feel like the Toy Story series got better with each sequel but they never felt necessary when announced. The fact that this is only the second Incredibles and the third Cars, not counting planes, is a travesty.

Though I am glad they didn't just push one out for the sake of it.
Agreed with all of this. The Toy Story trilogy is an amazing set of movies, but when each ended, I wasn't demanding a sequel. The Incredibles should've had one a while ago. Hell, if they were going to make a prequel to any Pixar movie, it should've been that one. Golden Age of the Supers? Yes, please. I'm hoping this sequel takes place years later though.

Agreed with all of this. The Toy Story trilogy is an amazing set of movies, but when each ended, I wasn't demanding a sequel. The Incredibles should've had one a while ago. Hell, if they were going to make a prequel to any Pixar movie, it should've been that one. Golden Age of the Supers? Yes, please. I'm hoping this sequel takes place years later though.
My expectations? The theme of the first movie was about exceptional people having to learn how to live in a world that was full of average people, while still staying true to themselves. So I think the next movie is going to be about exceptional people finding out that there is someone better and learning how to live with that. My idea? Make it mirror the real world in a way... just as superhero movies have become a BIG thing, there is an all new generation of heroes arising and they are even more commonplace than they were in the Golden Age. Mr. Incredible (now ten years older) is still a fantastic hero... but he's in his 50's now and he's simply not as fast or strong as some of the new kids flying around. Worse, Violet is seeing the kid that a lot of people are saying is his second coming: strong, indestructible, and just as cocky as he was. He's every bit the hero that Bob is (was)... and he's been horning in on Bob's work. Bob's even been thinking it's time to hang up the tights, but after spending so much time out of the game, he's not sure if he can give it up again.

Except all isn't well: The new kid is the son of one of Bob's oldest villains and he's been positioning the new golden boy to take over as the big hero merely to let some crimes go under the radar. The new kid knows this is wrong, but this is the most time he's ever spent with his dad and he's finally got his approval so... but eventually the plan has to enter it's final stage and unfortunately that means Mr. Incredible needs to die and only the new kid is strong enough to do it. Under a lot of pressure and not sure what to do, he agrees and he and Bob have it out. Only his heart's not in it and Bob can tell, so they end up talking it out. Now aware of the whole plot, Bob and the New Kid (along with everyone else) team up to stop Bob's greatest villain and save the day.

You see, the plot isn't just about old heroes learning to let go of the lime light... it's also about what happens when an entire generation of heroes grows up without the role models and guidance they need to live in the world. It's an obvious statement about my own generation (millenials) who grew up with TV, video games, and the internet to guide us because our parents were too busy living their dreams to help us become adults. This new generation of heroes is cocky, reckless, and self absorbed... but at the same time more idealistic and hopeful than any that has come before. Too bad the only people who really took interest in them were people who could use them (which is, sadly, a problem with my generation as well). Upon realizing this (and talking down the new kid) Bob finds a new purpose in life: helping guide and train the next generation of heroes become as good or better than his. So instead of retiring, he talks to his old government buddies and together they set up a school for kids like this. The End.

Oh, and I want a Marvel cameo, even if it's only to parody the movies. Disney owns Marvel, they have access to all of the actors, they can make it happen.

Would Sammy L play Frozone or Nick Fury?

Wait, no, he'd play Nick Fury trying to get Frozone to join the avengers and they'd just get into an argument and insult one another for like 5 minutes of the best thing to ever happen in a movie.

clearly.

Even though it's a steep, uphill battle, there is one potential glimmer of good for the Ghostbusters: the possibility of Phil Lord and Chris Miller making it.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=116264

While they're just being considered at this point in time and aren't officially on board yet, imagine a Ghostbusters reboot from the guys that gave us Clone High, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, the 21 Jump Street film, and The Lego Movie. Color me intrigued.

GasBandit

Staff member
That is ...truly outrageous.
Hey, the music's contagious.

And what of the Misfits, will their songs be better?
Will they be the Misfits, and will they get her?

Gem, I was truly, truly, truly too lazy to change the channel after The Real Ghostbusters.

Last edited:
So, apparently someone put out there in the world a bunch of screen grabs of a lot of the stuff that was cut from the original version of Event Horizon before the studio and MPAA had a shit fit.

It's very NSFW.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/69459/take-look-event-horizon-you-didnt-see#axzz2wtNkGm3p
Even though the movie got edited to all hell, it's still a favorite of mine, and I think the editing actually helped it, because it left you wondering what it was they experienced in the hell realm that had them going insane and tearing their eyes out.

That said... goddamn these images are creepy. Their visual effects department were a bunch of sick, talented bastards.

Yeah, he managed to stay out of public life by showing up to a bunch of public events with a bag over his head that said I'm Not Famous on it.

Am I the only one who doesn't mind Shia Labeuf? Sure he's not the best actor, but he does appear to be at least acceptable in the roles he plays. There are much worse actors to razz, and much bigger idiots to laugh at.

Am I the only one who doesn't mind Shia Labeuf? Sure he's not the best actor, but he does appear to be at least acceptable in the roles he plays. There are much worse actors to razz, and much bigger idiots to laugh at.
He made a movie that was directly plagiarized from an indie comic. When called out on it, he went super drama queen and then tried to pass the whole thing off as if he was Joaquin Phoenix. He deserves all the razzing he gets.

Also, NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.