[Music] Musician Bundle: Pay-what-you-want package for guitarists/musicians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we've got some guitarists/musicians here, I thought this might be of interest.

The Musician Bundle. I'm just gonna copy the description from where I found it:

1) Overloud TH2 Special Edition: AMP and Cabinet Modeler, It also has some effects like overdrive, distortion, reverb, delay, etc. It seems to me like an alternative to Guitar Rig, Amplitube, etc. This special edition comes with about half of the stuff the full one has. Still a lot of stuff and could get some interesting results. Here's the list of stuff the full one has in case you wanna compare:
http://www.overloud.com/products/th2_model.php

2) Neck Diagrams: Helps you design diagrams that look very stylish and easy to read. Could be good for teachers.

3) n-Track: It's a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) that allows for recording, editing and creation of audio files. It's like an alternative to ProTools, Cubase, etc.

4) Riff Master Pro: Slows down audio files without altering the pitch. Good to slow down some shred stuff and hear what they're doing. Do you feel like transcribing some Michael Angelo Batio songs? This is for you then! lol

5) Guitar Pro 6 Lite: Honestly this is kinda bad. The Lite version has only MIDI sounds, no real sound engine at all, not even one sound. And we all know that's what they focused on mostly for this version. Also, only 8 tracks allowed per file, no import from GP4, 5, no full screen, doesn't allow multiple files open, etc... it's basically a slightly more functional demo that they hand to everyone for free at their own site... but they still price it at 30 bucks in the bundle. Hilarious.

6) Riff Axelerator: this one is OK. Only 3 licks but those are 3 licks I didn't know before.

7) Jam Origin MIDI Guitar*: Pretty nice, actually. Works as advertised. No need to buy a MIDI guitar or MIDI pickup or even to learn keyboards when you got this.
*Listed program is actually MIDI Guitar Essentials; not sure if the same thing or not.

8) Easy Modes ebook: I just skimmed through the first pages, it's very didactic and everything well explained.

9) Live4Guitar: This are 2 guitar lessons where you will learn to play Emir Hot's version of J.S. Bach Badinerie. Looks cool, I always wanted to learn a short classical piece in electric guitar to kinda show off now and then, just couldn't make up my mind until now.

10) Infinite Guitar: 30 days membership to the Infinite Guitar website.

My opinions: Personally, I already own a full license to Guitar Rig 5, Reaper 4 and GP5 (I still like that one better). So I think I wont be using the amp modeler, the DAW or the GP6 Lite that comes with this bundle. But for those who don't have things like that yet this can be usefull. And I also have a copy of Sonic Visualizer so I wont be needing Riff Master Pro either. So I paid for the other stuff. I have to say that Jam Origin is pretty handy, it tracks really well the guitar into MIDI notes. The Easy Modes ebook has some very nice images to illustrate simply the contents, so far I loved the intervals DNA thing. Neck Diagrams, the 3 licks from Riff Axelerator and the guitar lessons I think are well worth what I decided to pay for it.
Another thing to note: no PayPal option.

Status
Not open for further replies.