My father has hepatic cancer.

And i have to be strong for my mother. I want to curl up into a ball and cry but i cant because my mother needs someone to be there. Fuck me i dont want to be this person. if i go crazy and implode know that this place has been like family to me. I cant tell anyone else this shit so you guys get to be my audience.

Im sorry to make you all be those people who have to bear this news.
Humbly yours,
Mike "Bones".

Aw geez Bones, my heart goes out to you. I know you said you need to stay strong for your mom, but cry if you gotta.

Dave

Staff member
Been there. Done that. I can help you through it. Everything about this sucks.

If you Google "David Nihsen phone" the first link is the white pages. My number is there and correct. Day or night. Preferably day. ;-)

I know it's rough and you are in one roughest patches - discovery and all the fear that goes with it. Next comes acceptance and just dealing with it all.

And you can always vent here. Yell, scream, call people names, curse at God. We'll listen.

I'm also at the age where parents are starting to become infirm-er than previous.
Kati and I will take turns holding each other up as we work our way through 'em.
Best of wishes.

--Patrick

im a big boy and ill handle it, I just needed a place to vent that so it didnt eat me alive.
in anycase as I told Emrys, im easiest to harass and amuse via google hangouts/gmail at mikessoul@gmail.com

just got the final prognosis, fully metastasized fast metabolizing stage 4 cancer. 2-3 months to live with chemotherapy. so im kinda fucked up at the moment and planning to get even more fucked up tonight, sorry guys.

I'm sorry to hear this. I haven't lost a parent yet, so I can't imagine what you're going through. All I can do is offer support and e-hugs.

Cajungal

Staff member
Jesus, that's terrible news. I don't know what to say...except come and talk whenever you need. I'll be thinking of yall.

I'm so very sorry Bones, for you and your family. Being strong for your mom doesn't mean you can't have your own time to vent and cry and whatever gets you through it. Like others have said, you can do that here all you want and we'll be there for you.

GasBandit

Staff member
I know what you're going through, Bones. I've been there, and I know how nothing I tell you can make you feel better. Just know we're here for you, and we're all sorry this happened to you and your family.

I dont know how to handle this. I dont really feel sad as I can accept the nature of this. I feel worse for my father who has such a short time to finish out anything he wanted done before he goes, and for my poor mother who has to soldier on without him. I keep making these morbid jokes and everyone is disturbed, but i feel like the comedian, life is grim so I might as well laugh in the face of death.

If it's not upsetting your parents and it brings you emotional relief, everyone else can bugger off and let you handle this in the best way for you.

Cajungal

Staff member
I dont know how to handle this. I dont really feel sad as I can accept the nature of this. I feel worse for my father who has such a short time to finish out anything he wanted done before he goes, and for my poor mother who has to soldier on without him. I keep making these morbid jokes and everyone is disturbed, but i feel like the comedian, life is grim so I might as well laugh in the face of death.
Everyone experiences something like this differently. Just roll with whatever you're feeling.
*huuuuuuug*

The biggest of hugs from me to you!

I can barely verbalize how sorry I am for you and how much I will be thinking about you and your family in the coming days. :(

I want to also agree with the sentiment that everyone deals with things like this differently and if it doesn't make anyone upset, there's nothing wrong with making a joke here or there. It's how I deal with sadness too - making inappropriate jokes that are morbid in nature - so you're not alone in that regard.

Sorry that your family is going through this. Don't apologize for using this place to vent. I'd say that's one of reasons we're all here.

I wish you well, and hope your family grows closer through this awful time.

Dave

Staff member
Yep being a marine and a devil dog he is going hard till the end, whatever god might be out there might smile upon his resolve to shake the reapers hand.
Tell him Semper Fi for me from one old Dog to another.

Fuck, Mike, I'm so sorry... Do what you need to do, deal however you need to deal, here, anywhere. We'll be there every step.

the next person who asks me how I am doing repeatedly is getting pistol whipped. THE MAN IS STILL HERE AND KICKING I AM ONLY MARGINALLY UPSET RIGHT NOW. GO COMFORT MY POOR MOTHER WHO WORRIES ABOUT ME BEING WITHOUT A FATHER AT THE AGE OF 28! SHE ISNT WORRIED ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE BUT HOW WILL I DO WITHOUT HIM! FUCK ME, I AM MORE UPSET ABOUT THEIR PAIN! i will shoulder any pain, I am soft and weak but I will bear it, what tears me up is watching their suffering. anyways time for work, this has been another installment of watch Bones rage against the dying of the light.

So, is he (going to be) able to leave the hospital for some last wishes/getting around/farewells/etc or will he be confined to the hospital for the last few months? And how did he find out?

I think most people assume you are only mentioning it because you want sympathy.
You might try starting the discussion about how much you are worried about your mother.
"Oh? Why is that?" "Because she's probably going to lose her husband soon."
Let them connect the dots.

--Patrick

I think most people assume you are only mentioning it because you want sympathy.
You might try starting the discussion about how much you are worried about your mother.
"Oh? Why is that?" "Because she's probably going to lose her husband soon."
Let them connect the dots.

--Patrick
no these are people who found out about it from other sources and are coming to me!
So, is he (going to be) able to leave the hospital for some last wishes/getting around/farewells/etc or will he be confined to the hospital for the last few months? And how did he find out?
he is fucking home and going back to work on monday, the old dog is fucking going to go about his business as if nothing ever happened. so whatever, with my luck he will fucking survive the god damn cancer.