My father has hepatic cancer.

So my father passed away at 7 am saturday the 25th after one long nights battle. Everyone but mom and i had left, mom passed out in the chair in a ball. I made a phone call to work to say i wouldnt be in. When i came back dad was breathing much more comfortably and softer. I went to the chair at his side, put my hand on his and he grasped it, smiled, and died...
I took my fathers hand as he went quietly into that black desert of eternity, the fact that he died at ease will forever lighten the burden on my heart and mind.
Vaya con dios pops. I hope whatever dreams may come will be beautiful.

Nope, shitty, fuck July! I'm so sorry dude. I can't even begin to properly sympathize, so you get a sad hugs rating.

I am very sorry for your loss, Bones. But at least he went at peace, with his loved ones at his side, seeing him off as he departed for his next journey.

Cajungal

Staff member
I'm so sorry for your loss, but I'm glad you were with him. Having you there obviously made him happy. I'll be thinking of you and hoping that y'all can take comfort in one another.

so story time, when i was a freshman in high school I got picked on for my red shoes. I switched to black shoes and my father wore my red shoes, he earned the nickname red shoes for always wearing said colored shoes as a pont of making something different cool. I have made the choice that I would like to pick up where he left off in his memory. they shall call me THE SON OF REDSHOES!

so story time, when i was a freshman in high school I got picked on for my red shoes. I switched to black shoes and my father wore my red shoes, he earned the nickname red shoes for always wearing said colored shoes as a pont of making something different cool. I have made the choice that I would like to pick up where he left off in his memory. they shall call me THE SON OF REDSHOES!

nah dave its all good, everything is cool, @PatrThom and I were remarking about it, I found it more funny than anything else. its now been over 7 years, those wounds are well healed. :)