My regional candy product is better than yours

fade

Staff member
Man, I don't know any regional South Carolina candies. Moon Pies? You can get those all over, though, I think. They are good, but not much different that a large Mallomar.[DOUBLEPOST=1498050371,1498050270][/DOUBLEPOST]Maybe pecan pralines. But everyone has some nut praline thing, so not so sure about this one either.

Yeah, it's another list that represents a whole state by a city, then also makes pot candy the regional dessert of Colorado because "hur hur Colorado is full of pot heads" :pud::facepalm::rolleyes:

Yes, they're to the point where they're actually being reduced in price to increase throughput before they spoil.

--Patrick
That happened to strawberries earlier this year too. We made strawberry jam almost as fast as our kids could eat it.

That happened to strawberries earlier this year too. We made strawberry jam almost as fast as our kids could eat it.
We had strawberry shortcake for dinner one night. Not dessert, I mean actual dinner.
Also if you want to take your Michiganization of Mackinac Island fudge to the max, you have to make it maple-flavored.

--Patrick

It all began in 1932 when B.E. and Mabel Atkinson needed to find a way to keep their family afloat during the Depression. As B.E. said, "during the Depression no one had any money, but everyone had a penny." Candy was an inexpensive indulgence that anyone could afford. They started their candy empire bootstrapping their way to success. Mabel created some of the original recipes for the candies we still make today like Peanut Butter Bars.

Man, I don't know any regional South Carolina candies. Moon Pies? You can get those all over, though, I think. They are good, but not much different that a large Mallomar.[DOUBLEPOST=1498050371,1498050270][/DOUBLEPOST]Maybe pecan pralines. But everyone has some nut praline thing, so not so sure about this one either.
Have you ever met a person, you say, "Let's get some pralines," they say, "Hell no, I don't like no pralines."? Pralines are delicious! Pralines's may be the most delicious thing on the whole damn planet!

Nanaimo Bars? What the fuck is a Nanaimo Bar? Oh... it's a Starbucks treat... got it. I forgot (no I didn't) that Starbucks is the state of Washington. Forget these:
Aplets.jpg

Or this:
Almond Roca.jpg

Or - though they certainly didn't invent the stuff - what about these guys:
Fredinands.jpg

Nope, none of that matters. Starbucks sells some weird confection from BC seasonally, so that's the favorite sweet treat of all of Washington state.

Have you ever met a person, you say, "Let's get some pralines," they say, "Hell no, I don't like no pralines."? Pralines are delicious! Pralines's may be the most delicious thing on the whole damn planet!
"Belgian chocolate"

Repeat after me:

"Belgian chocolate (possibly infused with an alcoholic liquor or beer)"

:D

Belgian chocolate is fine. It's good.

It's no Coffee Crisp. The world's best confection.

Also, I can buy a 4-pack of them for like 3 bucks.

"Belgian chocolate"

Repeat after me:

"Belgian chocolate (possibly infused with an alcoholic liquor or beer)"

:D
Well, I've had pralines but I've never had good Belgian chocolate before. I think you should send me some so I can make a comparison. You know, for science.