N64 working again

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElJuski

Staff member
MY ATTEMPT AT SUPER DUPER ORIGINAL CONTENT! LETS SEE HOW THIS GOOEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS

I finally got the AV cables in the mail for my 64 (lost them sometime during the move) and boy am I happy I didn't junk my old 64 (or how bummed I am I gave my Genesis to my brother for my nephew when he gets old enough). I'm about to play a round of Ken Griffey Jr. Slugfest 99, possibly followed by some Pokemon Snap OH GOODNESS.

I've got a handful of the other required games (Goldeneye, Banjo Kazooie, Paper Mario, Mario 64, Mario Kart, blah blah) but go ahead and give me ideas for some other games I should add into the repetoire. I definitely want to get more multiplayer games to play with people over a couple of beers.

Beyond that, talk about your fond N64 console memories, OR, if you so desire, talk about how PC gaming is SO MUCH BETTER!

/supernotcontraryboythread

ElJuski

Staff member
So...............Banjo-Two-ie, is what you're saying?

EDIT: That was to Adam. And, yes, why the hell DON'T I have the original Super Smash Bros. is beyond me.

Fuck...I was gonna buy some games from you. So sorry I completely forgot about that.

Anywho, get the Mario Party games. As long as you don't play with people who get really upset over being screwed over, they're so much fun.

Starfox 64, along with previously mentioned stuff. Diddy Kong Racing is a lot of fun as well, I enjoyed it more than Mario Kart 64.

I hope Juski just didn't have any Nintendo cables all this time, because AV cables from a Super Nintendo, Game Cube, and (I believe) Wii will work with the Nintendo 64.

the wii has a different jack

N64 out:
n64 av.jpg

Wii out:
wii-av-s-video-cable.jpg

Little different, not much but enough to make us use different cables.

GasBandit

Staff member
It's not multiplayer, but it's my opinion that anyone who didn't play Blast Corps on the N64 missed out.

Also, Killer Instinct Gold was pretty fun despite it being nintendo'd for content.

I had a 64 and I think the only two games I ever touched on it were WWF No Mercy and Conker's Bad Fur Day.

They were honestly the only games worth it for me.

GasBandit

Staff member
Didn't have an N64...

Did play Goldeneye on a friend's once, though...
I tried goldeneye, but it just couldn't hold a candle to PC FPSes for me. That was about the time quake 2 came out, which was a bit of a disappointment, but I was still playin' the hell out of Duke Nukem 3D and Quake 1 with the Team Fortress mod.

I tried goldeneye, but it just couldn't hold a candle to PC FPSes for me. That was about the time quake 2 came out, which was a bit of a disappointment, but I was still playin' the hell out of Duke Nukem 3D and Quake 1 with the Team Fortress mod.
I think that was the problem I had with it... I was big into Quake at the time (Remember QuakeWorld?) but I should have recognized it for the console fun that it was, rather than setting the bar against it. It was a good enough game, especially for the time and platform.

Of the ones I don't currently have, I would suggest KI: Gold and also Clayfighter.
Of the ones we do have, I suggest Turok II and Ocarina of Time (v1.0, FTW!)

--Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.