Need some date night ideas

Dave

Staff member
Get paid Friday and Saturday or Sunday will be having a date night with the wife. But I don’t know what to do. Ideas are welcome because damn am I stumped as to what to do.

Reactions: Cat
Here's a video I made for my wife about 6 years ago (not a date night idea, but a cheesy video that she'll probably love) I took pictures with my phone and used windows movie maker to put it together, she loved it (and still does)

Reactions: Cat
If there's a Sur la Table in your area, you can take her to a couples' cooking class. I've been wanting to take the fiancee there but it's expensive and we're saving up for the wedding.

Get paid Friday and Saturday or Sunday will be having a date night with the wife. But I don’t know what to do. Ideas are welcome because damn am I stumped as to what to do.
I always favor Melting Pot or Simply Fondue (they're pretty much the same thing) as a nice 2-hour romantic dinner.

My wife and I enjoy escape rooms. Dinner out somewhere fancy then a silly escape room out is always nice. Or cook a nice dinner and do an escape room in a box. Exit is more fun than unlock in my opinion.

This may be a bit of a reach, but has she, while in your presence, ever expressed any kind of interest in doing something outside the home that it sounded like she might enjoy? Something involving more than one person?

—Patrick

Dave

Staff member
This may be a bit of a reach, but has she, while in your presence, ever expressed any kind of interest in doing something outside the home that it sounded like she might enjoy? Something involving more than one person?

—Patrick
Other than cocaine and hookers?

—Patrick
Just do what you can to make Dave’s wife feel included.

How about getting dressed up for an afternoon at the Joslyn Art Museum? Looks like they are even having a chamber music event this Sunday.

Afterwards, go for an early dinner at some place fancy (V Mertz, perhaps?) Or mix it up and go somewhere down to earth (like Spielbound?) but stay dressed up and enjoy the incongruity together. You could even let it be her choice -- make reservations at both places.

Wife and I did a painting thing I really enjoyed a few years back. The instructor kind of laid out the basics of a good painting then helped outline whatever the general subject of what you wanted to paint.

20171111_214640.jpg

Do you like wine/beer tasting? There's a wine shop in Fort Calhoun called Too Far North (right on the main road). You can try a lot of Nebraska wines and some local beers. They're only open until 730 on Saturday and 6 on Sunday though.

Or if you want to just go to some actual wineries, there's Soaring Wings in Springfield, and Glacial Till and Cellar 426 in Ashland. For beer, there's Keg Creek Brewing in Glenwood, Iowa (they can get super busy on the weekends, though, so go early if you'd prefer less people).