New Monitor Recommendations

It probably helps explain issues I've had with flickering, static, and outright loss of signal trying to play or even just start games at 4K. The cable I've been using is likely from when I built this PC's predecessor. In 2011. Beyond time to upgrade.

It probably helps explain issues I've had with flickering, static, and outright loss of signal trying to play or even just start games at 4K. The cable I've been using is likely from when I built this PC's predecessor. In 2011. Beyond time to upgrade.
it sounds crazy but find a cable that actually has the official stamp from the industry group that rates hdmi/displayport cables. it actually makes a huge difference!
this is the one i use
Amazon product

So this is making the rounds lately. Are you buying a cable/monitor/GPU/player/whatever because it says it supports HDMI 2.1? Before forking over your credit card number, ask yourself, “Does it? Does it really?”

—Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
So this is making the rounds lately. Are you buying a cable/monitor/GPU/player/whatever because it says it supports HDMI 2.1? Before forking over your credit card number, ask yourself, “Does it? Does it really?”

—Patrick
You buy a no-name Chinese knockoff monitor, you takes your chances.