[NFL] NFL Thread

Baker Mayfield makes me angry. He's playing so well for the Bucs, why couldn't he do that for my Panthers? Then I think about Miles Sanders. Great RB for Philly, comes here and loses the starting job to Chubba Hubbard. Really? Are the Panthers just a black hole for talent right now?

CMC was great here, but goes to SF and becomes the superstar we only saw in flashes. Now, it could be argued that SF has a lot of other weapons, so teams can't just focus on stopping him and that's fair. But combined with all the other examples you start seeing trends.

Carolina is where talent goes to die. Want to win a Super Bowl? DO NOT sign with the Panthers.

Personally, I blame David Tepper for creating such an unstable environment. Matt Rhule was obviously not working out and needed to go, but not giving Steve Wilks a real shot and then firing Frank Reich in his first season is seriously shitty. You can't build success with a constantly rotating coaching staff. That's the way Cleveland did things for so many years when they were the perennial losers. The next coach, whoever it is, needs to be given several years to try to build the team back up into a cohesive unit.
Hopefully, the changes in the front office will help, but I suspect it's going to be a problem as long as Tepper is the owner.

Good thing we have the first draft pi.... oh right.

Well at least we don't have any high profile players looking to get a big pay raise...

1705522726467.png

Oh... Hi, Brian Burns, how are you?

With the cap situation and a limited number of picks, I imagine it's going to be hard for the Browns to not end up being the Browns again. (I know that's small comfort, but that's all I got.)
“The cap situation” is a nice way of saying “The Browns guaranteed a massively overinflated contract to a serial sex pest and kinda-rapist who actually lost his ability to play at an elite level during a long suspension, and now they are suffering for their stupidity.”

I want to congratulate the real winner of the big game: the NFL.

For invaded the german market and making the superb owl a marketable thing over here.:rolleyes:

Dave

Staff member
Great game! Kicker deserved MVP.
My brother in law made exactly two bets on the game. The first was that the game would go into overtime. Has only happened once before. He nailed that one. $10 bet, $120 payout.

The second was that a kicker would get MVP. Paid $10 winning would have netted him around $2k or something like that. Had the game ended with a last minute OT field goal from like 55+ yards he'd have had a chance. Alas...

My brother in law made exactly two bets on the game. The first was that the game would go into overtime. Has only happened once before. He nailed that one. $10 bet, $120 payout.

The second was that a kicker would get MVP. Paid $10 winning would have netted him around $2k or something like that. Had the game ended with a last minute OT field goal from like 55+ yards he'd have had a chance. Alas...
Scored 13 pts of 25 and caused the turnover that gave them 6 more! He was robbed!