Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 weeks

• 7 weeks

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poo, I have no interest in the count of monte cristo, but really want to read Paradise lost as it's the only book I HAVEN'T read before.

L

Lally

Twitch said:
It looks like there is a leader right now, and it's a pretty easy book to get through. I'm still hoping someone else is interested in actually leading this thing. I've never actually led before so I'd prefer it be someone with experience since it'll be a thing getting these people organized.
I'm definitely interested in leading -- I'm just not exactly sure what to "do" myself. I guess we first need to decide on a fair time limit for reading the book. Perhaps the poll could be changed to reflect how fast people think they could read a novel?

I didn't vote in the most recent poll because I like all of those options, so it didn't matter which one won.

Lally said:
I'm definitely interested in leading -- I'm just not exactly sure what to "do" myself. I guess we first need to decide on a fair time limit for reading the book. Perhaps the poll could be changed to reflect how fast people think they could read a novel?
There's a difference between how fast one can read a novel, and how much free time one has...

And shouldn't the people that already read it not need to read it again?! Or at least skip through the parts they remember reasonably well?

T

Twitch

I'll check in the morning but I think there's a clear winner here. I'll change the poll to reflect time periods then.

I tend to deconstruct as I'm reading. I really love the flow of written language. This tends to slow me down, but if I have a deadline, I can probably crank up the speed at which I read.

T

Twitch

Well, I'm going to be available for most of the month but I won't really be posting until near August so... adieu.

I don't know how long it would take. I could probably get through fairly quickly, but I don't know how long the book is so I can't give a reasonable estimate.

That being said, I am a fairly brisk reader, so odds are someone else participating will be slower than me. And if we're catering to that person, there should be no issue.

C

Chibibar

I put down 1 week (or faster) but I rather have extra time since we are all busy with other stuff. I say 4 weeks is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.