October 2016 pre-election poll

If asked to vote this moment, how would you vote?

• I am ineligible to vote in the US presidential election

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • I wouldn't even go to the poll, though I am eligible to vote

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would go to the poll, but I wouldn't mark a vote for president, just other offices/issues

• I would write in a president other than those that may appear on my ballot

• Stein/Baraka (green)

• McMullin/Johnson (independant)

• Clinton/Kaine (democratic)

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Trump/Pence (republican)

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Johnson/Weld (libertarian)

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just a quick check to see where people are right now. Anonymous, contains four parties, an independent, and abstention voting options. There's no good way to order candidates, so I'm going alphabetically by last name of the vice presidential candidate.

I've included McMullin as he's polling higher than Stein. Be aware that he's only on the ballot in 11 states, and has write in access in 19 states. In other words in 20 states, as of this moment, a write-in vote for him would simply be discarded.

I'm unaware of any other candidates that are polling at 1% or better nationally, but please let me know if I should include others on the next survey shortly before the election.

Still deciding between Clinton and Johnson. Frankly, I'd like to have an experienced person ideologically in between them. Some days I lean Clinton, other days I lean Johnson.

Still deciding between Clinton and Johnson. Frankly, I'd like to have an experienced person ideologically in between them. Some days I lean Clinton, other days I lean Johnson.
I'll say the same thing about Johnson that I did about Bernie, if you're worried about his more extreme ideological positions, remember that he'll have Congress to act as a check on those, especially since he'll lack strong party support.

However, if everything I've seen about Trump's effect on downticket races is accurate and based on how the party generally treats her, Hillary will have plenty of support in Congress to do whatever she wants.

An experienced centrist would trounce both Trump and Clinton this election.
Answer 1: Well, I think painting them as equally unlikeable or unfit is false. Trump is more unlikeable (and unfit) than Clinton is, and the polling on that exact question bears that out as well.

Answer 2: An experienced centrist would trounce Johnson this election too.

Would it help to consider the legislative branch in regards to both of them being elected?

For me, I'm pretty certain that Congress would provide that balance you're looking for if Johnson was miraculously elected. I can't say the same for Clinton.

Would it help to consider the legislative branch in regards to both of them being elected?

For me, I'm pretty certain that Congress would provide that balance you're looking for if Johnson was miraculously elected. I can't say the same for Clinton.
That does weigh into my decision. I'm not deciding based on personality or party labels here.

1. Clinton/Kaine (democratic)

9 vote(s)
    45.0%

2. Trump/Pence (republican)

1 vote(s)
    5.0%

3. Johnson/Weld (libertarian)

7 vote(s)
    35.0%

Something tells me these won't be the general outcome stats :p

9 vote(s)
    45.0%

1 vote(s)
    5.0%

7 vote(s)
    35.0%

You never know. The people that say that they will vote for Trump on other polls may be trolling too.

I'm still waiting for my absentee ballot to arrive. I'm actually a bit concerned that I haven't gotten it yet... I submitted the paperwork weeks ago.

9 vote(s)
    45.0%

1 vote(s)
    5.0%

7 vote(s)
    35.0%

But imagine if it was. Trump being that far below Johnson; that'd be crazy.