[Gaming] Official E3 2014 Thread

Yeah, it's early but news of what's what is starting to happen and I'm excited to see what this year's E3 has to offer.

What are you guys looking forward to? Which games? Which shows?

I'm curious what Bethesda will be showing, apart from ESO. Maybe they'll tease Fallout 4 a bit.

Also, Valve's totally going to announce Half-Life 3. Totally.

Seeing as companies are already hyping stuff, I think you picked the right time, Jay. We might as well join in.

Nintendo's announced a new Pokemon release, so there goes on of my predictions. I have my fingers crossed for Zelda Wii U, more news on Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, Bayonetta 2 release date, Super Smash Bros release date ...

... and maybe Majora's Mask 3D announcement; that'd be nice.

I know Ninty isn't having a full conference, so whatever announcements we get will either be from a small press junket during the show or just some demo terminals around their section of the floor. I honestly don't know what all I'm hoping for, I don't own a PS4/XBOne, so I suppose some PC releases, or maybe some stuff to get me playing the WiiU again.

I know Ninty isn't having a full conference, so whatever announcements we get will either be from a small press junket during the show or just some demo terminals around their section of the floor. I honestly don't know what all I'm hoping for, I don't own a PS4/XBOne, so I suppose some PC releases, or maybe some stuff to get me playing the WiiU again.
Oh, are they doing the whole "have a long Nintendo Direct instead of a real show" thing? Eh ...

I know that Best Buy will have demos for the new Smash Bros during E3. I might head over to one to mess with that ... but I probably won't since I'll be downloading the game at midnight to my 3DS whatever say it comes out.

Thank goodness it's coming to 3ds. I was afraid I'd have to buy a Wii U
I think releasing them six months apart may have been a mistake. It's going to take a chunk out of what would've been Wii U sales. But hey, Wii U has those GBA games! Really, the Wii U's biggest help is that new Mario Kart 8 bundle. I can see that selling--if we didn't already have a Wii U, this would be the time to get one. In fact, I kind of wish we'd waited, but oh well.

Nintendo has a plan though:

Nintendo to create Skylanders/Disney Infinity type game and figurines

More details coming at E3 when they'll showcase this thing. Now, I have zero interest in this, but considering the kind of success Skylanders has been, and the large roster of unique and well-known characters owned by Nintendo, this is a smart move for them to make some easy profit. I won't be buying it, but I'm sure this will help alleviate some of their financial problems and probably help move the Wii U (unless they also make it for 3DS).

That said, another article I read said Nintendo is turning its hope to the 3DS since apparently there are over 43 million of those in people's hands. The Wii U is a great system, but without games I want to play, it just sits in my entertainment unit. It's a pretty nice tablet, but I haven't used it to play anything in a while that wasn't originally a Super Nintendo game.

My thing with smash brothers is that there are 4 people in my house who want to play it, and the thought of buying it 4 times for 3DS vs. 1 time for Wii U is not a hard decision to make. But the 6 month gap means that I'll probably get impatient and buy a copy for at least me and my son. :p

Hell, there's even rumors of Nintendo unveiling a new system sometime soon, so who knows what they're gonna do.
They've shot down those rumors.

My thing with smash brothers is that there are 4 people in my house who want to play it, and the thought of buying it 4 times for 3DS vs. 1 time for Wii U is not a hard decision to make. But the 6 month gap means that I'll probably get impatient and buy a copy for at least me and my son. :p
I'm hoping 3DS Smash Bros will have a Download Play option of some kind. But I can see your point. If my little cousins weren't moving away next month, we'd probably wait for the Wii U version, but since it's just wife and me and we'd like to be able to play on our own, commutes, when traveling too.

You know what I want Nintendo to announce most of all?

A real accounts system. Not tied to your console so that if something happens to it, you lose all your games. One like the PSN or Apple systems, that can be moved and canceled between machines.

Man, I just don't care anymore. I've played nothing lately but a bit of Duels of the Planeswalkers and an attempt to play some New Vegas.

Just make something good for PC. Just...fucking something that isn't an MMO.

Everything interesting I've heard about for PC that won't also be on consoles (and thus suffer consolitis) has started as a Kickstarter.

Speaking of consolitis games, I kind of wish I'd have a PS4 by the end of the year so I could play Evolve.

Dave

Staff member
Everything interesting I've heard about for PC that won't also be on consoles (and thus suffer consolitis) has started as a Kickstarter.

Speaking of consolitis games, I kind of wish I'd have a PS4 by the end of the year so I could play Evolve.
@blotsfan has one.

I'm thinking the same thing for Batman Arkham Knight.

Did you guys see the new Battlefield 4 "leaked" gameplay?

Lots of "borrowing" from Payday 2.

Looks interesting but buyer beware. Don't forget the history of EA/Dice and the fiasco of BF 4. Now they are adding new pay to win options with battlepacks.

Ridiculous.

I think I have mental filters that just make me automatically ignore anything related to "Battlefield" or "Call of-" series. I just don't care.

The only reason I pay attention to the Call of/Battlefield games is because my dad likes the single-player missions/challenges. If the game's got enough of that generally it makes a good present. Unfortunately it's all about multiplayer lately so that's getting more difficult.

This looks nice.[DOUBLEPOST=1402013360,1402012874][/DOUBLEPOST]

I don't even know what is going on.[DOUBLEPOST=1402013516][/DOUBLEPOST]

Interesting.

The trailers have started.

Monster Hunter 4 is already better than Monster Hunter 3 by ditching the underwater battles. Trailer looks fancy--I'm loving those new environments.

Monster Hunter 4 is already better than Monster Hunter 3 by ditching the underwater battles. Trailer looks fancy--I'm loving those new environments.
Yeah my brother is super excited about being able to climb and whatnot all over the place to expand the range of hunts.

My brains are still scrambled from how good that Witcher trailer is. Those guys know how to do a trailer.

This music from the trailer seems to be a more heavily produced version of this:

Dammit, I thought Nintendo's digital presentation was going to be in the afternoon. Now I find out I got the times mixed with the Smash Bros tournament (wooo ...) and the presentation will be around noon my time on Tuesday. So I guess I'll catch it later, but I was really hoping to watch it live. I guess it doesn't matter.

Bioware's Mass Effect announcement.

They talk about how they asked what fans want.

What fans want is for neither Casey Hudson or Mac Walters to work on the game. Looks like they didn't listen.

Phoenix Wright Trilogy sounds like a must-buy for me; I haven't played any of them.

Bioware wasn't kidding when they said they were paying close attention to Skyrim.

Mighty No. 9 is looking good.

And then the drool all over myself want a PS4 game, Evolve:

Zero Esc said:
Dammit, I thought Nintendo's digital presentation was going to be in the afternoon. Now I find out I got the times mixed with the Smash Bros tournament (wooo ...) and the presentation will be around noon my time on Tuesday. So I guess I'll catch it later, but I was really hoping to watch it live. I guess it doesn't matter.
Didn't the stream keep dropping on us last year anyways? Might be better off waiting. (I am not waiting though :p)