Old Picture Thread

I just deleted an awesome throwback on my phone to make room for videos. Dang! Will have to wait until I am not on vacation.

Here's a super throwback, a picture from the 70's of my dad and his siblings, when he was almost the exact same age that I am now.

He's in the front left

Here's a super throwback, a picture from the 70's of my dad and his siblings, when he was almost the exact same age that I am now.

He's in the front left
You've posted this before and I'm STILL surprised the women don't have beards. It's just not right.

Here's another old shot, of a young Poe posing for part of a series of family photos with the before-mentioned Dad. I wonder where I got the beard from.

Please note, picture quality is terrible because it's a cell-phone photo of a framed picture on the wall.

Y'all get a twofer! *grins*

Me at 17, studying at school. This was shortly after I sprained my ankle, so there's some crutches off to the side.

This one's from 1986 or so... standing with a daughter of one of my mom's best friends... I had a bit of a crush on this girl for the longest time, growing up. We still stay in contact, which is a lot more than I can say for many friends in my life.

hollyxmas.jpg

Me at about three, during Christmas. Check out my rockin' Ecto-1.

hollygarden.jpg

Not sure how old I ma here but I think the dress is cute!

hollyapril.jpg

My and my little sister at 17 (I think) and 14 (I think).

Baby Cheesy!
Dave 4 Months Old.jpg

In a sailor outfit!
Sailor Baby Dave.jpg

In the hospital with leukemia. :(
Dave with IV.jpg

First day of school with my little brother and sister!
Dave Dan Becca First Day School.JPG

17 years old me just got called fat on tumblr by an anonymous douche.

Maaaaaaaaan, if they think I was fat THEN well...wait until they see me now.

@Cheesy1 You were wearing a Turtles shirt and Zumba pants? Oh you poor, poor kid.

(Mind you, this is coming from someone who hated wearing jeans and ONLY wore sweat pants right up until Grade 7.)

17 years old me just got called fat on tumblr by an anonymous douche.

Maaaaaaaaan, if they think I was fat THEN well...wait until they see me now.
Anonymous people are asshats. Then again, I used to get called fat to my face when I was 12 or 13 (you saw that pic above of me in my ballet outfit, right?).

GasBandit

Staff member
This is a photograph (of a photograph) of myself and my father, taken when I was.. about 3, maybe almost 4 I think. My parents had been divorced since I was 2, and there was lots of bad blood between them. Mom got full custody AND child support, with dad getting kinda shafted on visitation. One day he picked me up from day care (I can even vaguely remember it because it was so out of the ordinary) and took me straight to a photo studio, and got a series of photographs taken of us together, and a couple of just him, for me to have in my room, because he was afraid if my mother had her way I'd forget what he looked like.

I'm still very close to my Dad.

Also, my hair stopped being blonde when I turned 7 or 8 or so.

tinybandit.jpg

Man, I remember that batman shirt, too. That was one of my favorite shirts. I got the carrot sticker for good behavior. It had moving googly eyes that I thought were the best ever.

This is a photograph (of a photograph) of myself and my father, taken when I was.. about 3, maybe almost 4 I think. My parents had been divorced since I was 2, and there was lots of bad blood between them. Mom got full custody AND child support, with dad getting kinda shafted on visitation. One day he picked me up from day care (I can even vaguely remember it because it was so out of the ordinary) and took me straight to a photo studio, and got a series of photographs taken of us together, and a couple of just him, for me to have in my room, because he was afraid if my mother had her way I'd forget what he looked like.

I'm still very close to my Dad.

Also, my hair stopped being blonde when I turned 7 or 8 or so.

View attachment 14443

Man, I remember that batman shirt, too. That was one of my favorite shirts. I got the carrot sticker for good behavior. It had moving googly eyes that I thought were the best ever.
Aww, that's a cool story, your dad looks like a totally cool dude.

Re: Blonde hair. I used to have blonde hair too, it changed to brown at some point in my childhood.

WTF genes?

I was blonde until I was 6 or so. I also used to have dark brown eyes. They changed to a green-brown hazel by the time I turned 20.

It's been brought to my attention that I don't really age. The profile picture I've got on Facebook is nearly 10 years old, and another was taken in 11th grade, which was 11 years ago.

They are good enough pictures, and representative enough of how I look today, that I use them on my dating profile.

Cajungal

Staff member
Holy moly. Are you sure you're not related to the Onebanes? They're a Cajun family in Lafayette and you are a dead ringer. I know I asked you that before.
Definitely not. Boudreaux, Lege, Langlinais, and LeBlancs, mostly. But I have so many cousins you never know.

GasBandit

Staff member
Aww, that's a cool story, your dad looks like a totally cool dude.
He was, and is. I owe my interest in computers and video games to him. When I was little (like the picture) and he got to take me somewhere, he always took me to a video arcade whenever he could. In my protospeech, I called it "boom." Because that was the noise most of them (centipede, space invaders, etc) made when I played them.