Ordering from usa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm planning to buy parts for my new pc in a few months. Since the best gpu that I could find in this city is a geforce 9500, I will order the parts from usa.

I need a motherboard, cpu, gpu, psu, ram and maybe a hard drive. I not only need help choosing the best parts I could buy with my budget of $1000, but also need help minimizing my importation costs.

I need my parts delivered in the least number of packages, each one of 8 pounds or less and with an individual cost of no more of $400.

For example, for a package of 8 pounds I need to pay aprox. 12% tax and for a package of 9 pounds I need to pay aprox 50% tax (An xbox 360 is two pounds too heavy :()

So, what do you recommend?

Call the place you're ordering from. They'll probably work with you and split up the order. Or just order a few items at a time.

You can do that? I mean, I'm in Ecuador, what I normally do is order something from Amazon and they deliver my stuff to an address in Miami. This address was provided by my credit card and then they bring them here. I tried before to ask them to consolidate my packages but they didn't.

You can do that? I mean, I'm in Ecuador, what I normally do is order something from Amazon and they deliver my stuff to an address in Miami. This address was provided by my credit card and then they bring them here. I tried before to ask them to consolidate my packages but they didn't.
Amazon customer support is usually pretty good, give them a call and see what they can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.