Pixel - A webcomic...here!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zappit

Staff member
Pixel's a webcomic I've been doing for over half a year now, and it's a project near and dear to my heart; I created this cast almost eleven years ago, but this is just the first time I've taken it to the web. It's mostly character-driven satire, kind of Seinfeldian - not really about much of anything and could be anything at any time. It's not easy to describe that.

Anyway, here's a sample - the latest strip, a holiday double-sized strip, and a joke I've wanted to do for a couple years now!

Zappit

Staff member
Thanks, Vaga! It's good to hear some positive feedback. Somebody put up my Christmas strip in the Bad Webcomics thread over at the VG Cats forum, and they told me it was "overly intellectual". Go figure - I spend so much time making fun of stupid things.

Zappit said:
Thanks, Vaga! It's good to hear some positive feedback. Somebody put up my Christmas strip in the Bad Webcomics thread over at the VG Cats forum, and they told me it was "overly intellectual". Go figure - I spend so much time making fun of stupid things.
Overly intellectual? WTF? Since when is being smart a bad thing? This guy must have been from the White House...

I like it!

Zappit said:
[...]Bad Webcomics [...] VG Cats forum [...]overly intellectual [...] making fun of stupid things.
So, people who like crappy no-content comics think you're too smart for them? This iS Good news, treat it as such.

Also, I like them :)

Bubble181 said:
Zappit said:
[...]Bad Webcomics [...] VG Cats forum [...]overly intellectual [...] making fun of stupid things.
So, people who like crappy no-content comics think you're too smart for them? This iS Good news, treat it as such.

Also, I like them :)
I was about to say the same thing. VG Cats fans complaining that they don't want big words in their strips? Hi-LARious.

ElJuski

Staff member
Ahahaha getting panned by VGCats folks should be a badge of honor. Good job, man, keep up the stellar art and writing.

Zappit

Staff member
I just introduced a new mad scientist character - I haven't announced his name yet, but it's Dr. Uniclops. I'd just like to get some feedback on his design, if possible. That helmet was a pain to work out.

T

The Mike

Intellectual humor is something People in the US can’t appreciate.
(not all of them but a big percentage)

Keep up the good work!

ElJuski said:
The Mike said:

Keep up the good work!
Wait...what?
Sweeping generalizations! They usually deserve one of these :finger:

I bookmarked the site Zappit and I'll be checking it out. I like what I see so far.

Krisken said:
ElJuski said:
The Mike said:

Keep up the good work!
Wait...what?

I bookmarked the site Zappit and I'll be checking it out. I like what I see so far.

Yes! All generalizations are evil and wrong!

.... :aaahhh:

ElJuski

Staff member
Krisken said:
ElJuski said:
The Mike said:

Keep up the good work!
Wait...what?

It's like saying most Mexicans can't even afford the internet to read webcomics.

MOST. Not all. MOST.

P

Philosopher B.

I like the way you draw hands.

The Mike said:
I was going to argue but then I remembered According To Jim has had like eight seasons ...

:waah:

Zappit

Staff member
Going in a new direction starting today. Pixel is going with a graphic novel format, and I'm going to experiment with color and gray tones this week to give the pages a new look, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.