[Brazelton] R2-D2

I did several conventions with Kenny, some in Dallas, Austin and the biggie, Celebration 2 in Indianapolis. I had dinner with him several times, talked for hours with him and generally just loved the guy as that dirty joke telling uncle that you see a couple of times a year.

I think my favorite memory of him is during Celebration 2, we were helping to run the autograph area, and Kenny needed to use the restroom. The autograph area was across the mail hall from the restrooms, and he needed someone to help with the door to the restroom because the handle for it was above his head and weighed about 45 pounds. So we headed out of our "enclosure" to go across the hall, Kenny decided to take the most crowded path through the place, on purpose. I'm kinda shadowing him off to the side, because I knew where we were heading, and Kenny liked to have fun. So Kenny took a path straight through any group that he could see, walking right into the middle of them touching people on the hip or waist saying "Pardon me. Coming through. Excuse me." and heading straight on to another group. The expressions and reactions on people's faces were priceless. He left a trail of people behind him that were just in awe of this little man and the fact that they didn't realize that he was there until he had passed them by. He did the same thing on the way back to the auto area.

I mean, he was 83, a perfectly normal age for someone to pass on. People cursing this year for it's deaths seems a little silly to me.

He was, without a doubt, an extraordinarily lovely man and it's sad that he died.

I mean, he was 83, a perfectly normal age for someone to pass on. People cursing this year for it's deaths seems a little silly to me.
I suppose what we're really seeing is the other end of the "Yay, the Great Depression is finally over let's get to making babies again!" bump, but knowing that doesn't make it any less annoying.

--Patrick

Go home, 2016. You're drunk.

I read that Anthony Daniels (C-3PO) was a real jerk to him. Wonder if he'll deliver a eulogy for Baker.

Go home, 2016. You're drunk.

I read that Anthony Daniels (C-3PO) was a real jerk to him. Wonder if he'll deliver a eulogy for Baker.
Yeah, Kenny and Tony didn't really see eye-to-eye about their respective abilities. Tony isn't playing a character in the movies, he's playing himself in a gold suit.