[Question] Regarding uploaded images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to browse previously uploaded images, and use the previously uploaded image in a new post? It occurs to me that it would be pretty wasteful of storage space if it has eleventeen copies of all the same images, like the Grandpa Simpson gif or something else that's commonly used.

Is there a way to browse previously uploaded images, and use the previously uploaded image in a new post? It occurs to me that it would be pretty wasteful of storage space if it has eleventeen copies of all the same images, like the Grandpa Simpson gif or something else that's commonly used.
A lot of these images are hotlinked, and not stored here.

figmentPez

Staff member
There used to be somewhere to go to view all the files you've uploaded, but I can't seem to find it now.

A lot of these images are hotlinked, and not stored here.
Yeah, but a lot are stored here too. I just think being able to browse and use the pictures already uploaded would be both frugal in terms of storage, and also make some things easier.

There used to be somewhere to go to view all the files you've uploaded, but I can't seem to find it now.
I was actually wondering if there's a way to browse all the pictures, uploaded by everyone, but browsing your own uploads would be a good start.

Dave

Staff member
Well, there *IS* a way, but you have to be an Admin to do it. Let me see if I can give pseudo-Admin status to you.[DOUBLEPOST=1368531854][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay, I set you up, bhamv3, as a sort-of Admin. It gets you into the Admin panel but the only rights you have are to "Manage Attachments". I don't know if that gets you what you were looking for, but I trust you not to go mucking stuff up.

:eek:

Holy shit I have admin access!

Yep, I can browse the attached images. Not sure how to insert them into a new post, but I could probably figure it out if I played around with it.

However, as huge an honor as this is, I was actually asking in a general sense. I was wondering whether there's a way for everyone to see the attached files, and reuse them if needed. It probably wouldn't do to give everyone admin access. Probably.

So, fun as this is, Dave, I think it's probably best if you revoke my access. Before I break something accidentally. :p I definitely appreciate the gesture though!

Dave

Staff member
Your admin access is incredibly limited. You can't see IP addresses or do much of anything. I think there may be an attachment addon, but I'd have to find it.

Dave

Staff member
Seems there are 2 addons that can do this for the users. One is $25 and the other is $30. So I think they are going to wait a bit.

Yeah... no, it's not really necessary to pay for them. I was just wondering if it's possible, but if it's going to cost money then I don't think it's needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.