[Brazelton] RIP...Prince?!?

Dave

Staff member
Not sure what else I can do to explain. I thought I did a decent enough job of it.[DOUBLEPOST=1461350925,1461350635][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay, I went back and looked at the Bowie thread for comparison. I didn't stop you from saying anything there, just that (a) you had proof before making set in stone comments that might get ME in trouble (i.e. libel) and (b) that you take it to another thread. I didn't stop you from saying anything, just where you posted it.

So I guess I WAS consistent.

GasBandit

Staff member
The more I hear about him, the more Prince sounds like Abed Nadir - but with money and nobody ever to tell him "no."

Could you imagine though? Doorbell rings, and there's Prince standing there with his guitar around his shoulder and a copy of The Watchtower in his hand.
I like picturing he was in full Prince regalia when he did this. :D

And then I would pick him up and put him in my pocket.

Dave

Staff member
I loved the Kevin Smith thing but it sure doesn't paint Prince in a good light. It also means we're probably going to be getting Prince music for YEARS from his estate.

Could you imagine though? Doorbell rings, and there's Prince standing there with his guitar around his shoulder and a copy of The Watchtower in his hand.
Still wouldn't let him in.

If I won't let my own grandmother, it wouldn't look very good if I made an exception for Prince.

Dave

Staff member
I wouldn't let my grandfather in, either. In fact, I'd shoot him in the head. It's what you do to the walking dead.

It would not surprise me if it was an OD on prescription medication, or interaction with alcohol. I say that speaking as someone who has been having hip issues as of late.

Sadly, it happens a lot. Some people are prescribed a lot of pain medication and it would be easy to make a mistake.

If he had truly not had hip replacements and was trying to live with the pain, I can't even imagine how miserable he must have felt. And I can imagine a lot.

Here's the video many people are citing today as an example of his talent (his 2004 induction into the R&RHoF).
(It's also the video that, when I first saw it many years ago, made me realize he was not only talented, but very talented)

Remember this video? Of course you do.
Did you know someone released a more Prince-tastic "director's cut" of this (now 17 year old) video about a week ago?

Still doesn't solve the mystery of where the guitar went, though. Steve Ferrone, drummer for The Heartbreakers, is even quoted as saying:
I just saw it go up, and I was astonished that it didn't come back down again. Everybody wonders where that guitar went, and I gotta tell you, I was on the stage, and I wonder where it went, too.
--Patrick