SDCC 2019

I couldn't get passes for this year's Comic Con, but there was still a lot going on outside. One of the art galleries had a Picard exhibit and it was amazing. There were props or at least replicas from the show, including Data's painting of Spot and a collection of Dixon Hill novels.

There was also an Orville exhibit. I learned that it uses actual stop-motion animation in its space combat sequences, and not CGI. This show has some surprises.

I tried to get into the Amazon Prime event, but the line for that was outrageous. It was like waiting in line at Six Flags and so I gave up on that. But it looked pretty cool. Everybody and their mother was in line to see the Boys screening.

figmentPez

Staff member
If you see a bunch of cosplayers dressed as pirate versions of comic book characters outside of the convention, @LittleKagsin should be among them. She couldn't get a pass this year, either, but she was invited to be part of a cosplay group outside the convention.

I would upload a screenshot but lol.

The picture under the Captain Picard day banner says it's either gone or can't be seen due to privacy settings.

Well... crap. And I can't upload it directly here because the file is too large for the server to process. I'll try to figure it out. In the meantime, here are a few more pics from the Picard exhibit. Btw, I didn't see any pirate heroes but I did see a lot of Fat Thors. There were also quite a few couples dressed as Steve and Robin from Stranger Things. They were in matching Scoops Ahoy outifts. Finally, a couples costume that isn't Harley Quinn and Jared Leto's Joker.

Jean-Luc and Robert as children.

And... Spot.

Last edited: