Season Greetings 2016

Remember to keep Saturn in your Saturnalia.[DOUBLEPOST=1482354143,1482354033][/DOUBLEPOST]Back when I was a Geography Teacher, the students did not like that I'd say, "Remember that 23.5 degrees is the reason for the season."

Happy Festivus!

I've brought the pole. Unfortunately I am unable to participate in the feats of strength this year, as I've pulled my groin.

fade

Staff member
Well I suppose this video only proves that Christmas has been about Christ for a millennium and a half, so, I mean, kind of seems legit to me.
Not to mention these origins don't really disprove anything--just because a celebration period was adopted, doesn't somehow negate the reason it was adopted.

It's kinda funny, because the only thing that was really important in most of the NT wasn't his birthday, but his death...

Welp, after a busy day all yesterday, I'm gonna relax and watch a bunch of Christmas related stuff.

I probably won't get to them all, but my list of intended watching includes:
-Muppet Family Christmas
-Muppet Christmas Carol (which I can't believe I've never watched)
-Scrooged
-Batman Returns
-Maybe some Doctor Who Christmas specials
-Die Hard

Already watched Gremlins & Gremlins 2 with my nieces a few days ago. I'm saving Krampus to watch with some friends shortly after Christmas.