Secret Santa 2020 - Have a Very Covid Christmas

Well, I dunno. I've been expecting the appearance of a thread on this for a while now, it's usually posted around Halloween.

Let's all give @Emrys something to do! Make sure all the Doomies deliver on time!

Anyway, I'm in. Third time's a charm - two years ago I got nothing at all, last year half of it arrived broken, so I'm going to assume this year it'll be completely awesome and great, but sadly shockingly pink and two sizes too small.

What is it?
It's a Secret Santa between your fellow halforumites. Everyone who signs up will be randomly assigned another participant. You are then tasked to buy that person a gift. As a recipient, you should leave a few hints in a post to this thread as to what sort of interests you have.

Rules and Info
  • To sign up, send @Emrys a PM with your email address, shipping address, and any gift rules/restrictions. Be sure to specify whether or not you would accept NSFW or "adult" gifts (such as alcohol/sex themed gifts). Also, please specify if you are unwilling/unable to ship internationally.
  • International people are allowed. If you would prefer not to get an international person, indicate so when you sign up. It may be the case that if you restrict your choice to local shipping then matching might not work out and you may be left out - she'll let you know once the matching is complete if that's the case. So far we've always been able to match everyone that wanted to participate and meet their shipping requirements.
    -International Shipping Links: USPS, Customs Forms
    -Tips for shipping in and out of Canada
    -Remember to allow extra shipping time when shipping outside of your home country
  • Who can sign up?
    To keep things fair, only those with a join date earlier than April 15, 2019 with more than a handful of posts will be allowed to participate (for obvious reasons). If you would like to participate and don't fall under the requirements then you will just have to wait until next year. The final say of who can join this activity will be entirely up to Dave so there may be exceptions, but his final word is final. Don't complain if special dispensation is not made for you. This goes for those who may be disincluded as well.
  • The deadline for signing up will be announced shortly. After that day, Santas will be randomly assigned by computer. You will be sent an email or PM shortly after with the information of whom you will be drawing a gift for.
  • Recommended gift value is $5 to $25, unless you're buying for me - then, it's $1.000 to $7.500 :whistling: . Feel free to spend as much as you want, just be aware that the more you spend, the less likely you will receive a gift of equal value. Also, homemade/handmade gifts are allowed, and even encouraged (no homemade food please).
  • ABSOLUTE FINAL DEADLINE FOR GIFTS SENT IS DECEMBER 15th! PEOPLE WHO DO NOT SEND GIFTS BY DECEMBER 15th WILL BE FORCIBLY TIED TO THE GROUND, COVERED IN MEAT PASTE, AND SWARMED BY HUNGRY PUPPIES. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are not CERTAIN you will be able to send a gift, then don't sign up.
  • Do not complain about your gift, conversely, try to send something you think the other person will like.
  • You MUST post pictures of your gift when you receive it. No exceptions.
  • UNLESS SPECIFIED AS SOMETHING THEY WOULD LIKE, PLEASE DO NOT SEND NSFW OR ALCOHOLIC GIFTS. Please note that many states/nations have rules about shipping alcohol, so when in doubt, choose another gift.
  • CAN I SHIP SOMETHING STRAIGHT FROM AMAZON OR SOMETHING?
    Yes you can, and it's a good idea to shop at your person's home country's Amazon site (www.amazon.ca for instance) if you want to save a bit on shipping.
  • SHIP WELL IN ADVANCE
    Get your act together NOW and ship your stuff by Dec 15th to make sure it arrives before the crazy Christmas rush that always happens at the latter half of December.
As people sign up, the Queen will post a list showing their names. When we move on to the next step, I'll be sure to update that too.

I had just assumed we weren't going to be doing it this year because lawyers COVID.
I'm in, but I don't feel like I'm going to have enough time to cyber-white-hat-stalk my recipient like usual.

--Patrick

I had just assumed we weren't going to be doing it this year because lawyers COVID.
I'm in, but I don't feel like I'm going to have enough time to cyber-white-hat-stalk my recipient like usual.

--Patrick
I assure you packets are still getting delivered all over :p remote secret Santa is perfectly Covfefeproof.

I would love to join in again, but just to clarify, is Our Lady of the Doomweasel good with taking on the organizational end again? Not that I doubt the word of Her Strigiform Herald, but, well, times being as they are it would give me some peace of mind if we get some confirmation before I sign up.

I would love to join in again, but just to clarify, is Our Lady of the Doomweasel good with taking on the organizational end again? Not that I doubt the word of Her Strigiform Herald, but, well, times being as they are it would give me some peace of mind if we get some confirmation before I sign up.
I'm sure someone will. If need be I'll do it, though I think it's easier if it's someone in the USA, timezone wise.

I'm sure someone will. If need be I'll do it, though I think it's easier if it's someone in the USA, timezone wise.
Hang on, did you clear this with Emrys first? That's pretty important. Also, she's in Canada, so North America, not USA.

Hang on, did you clear this with Emrys first? That's pretty important. Also, she's in Canada, so North America, not USA.
Point. And no, I didn't, I assumed she'd do it again like last year. But, I also assume someone will do it - I will if that's the way it works out.

Dave

Staff member
I'm in like flynn, baby!

And this year I'm not shipping from Venezuela or where-ever the fuck that was that wasted three fucking months delivering it!

Well, looks like I've been voluntold.

Thank you for the reminder, @Bubble181. It's been on my mind but I've been busy with big scholarship competitions and doomweasel training and well, I'm not always the brightest bulb in the package so it slipped my mind.

So, everything my wingèd Grand Viser said above. Send me your PMs and I'll start collecting data and assigning peoples. And to make it easy on people this year, put gift suggestions in the PM or this thread.

Since I'm starting late this year, when do you think would be a good deadline for sign-up?

Here's the list of everyone who has signed up so far. If I missed you, send me a PM to let me know I'm a doorknob and I'll add you to the list.

BErt
blotsfan
Bubble181
Celt Z
Dave
Dei
Dirona
evilmike
Far
GasBandit
General Specific
jwhouk
PatrThom
Terrik
Tress
Wahad

Last edited:
I'm in again, after some prompting by @Emrys when I missed this thread being created. I looked last week at some point actually to see if I'd missed it even!

Gonna be lazy since it's not changed substantially and repost my prompts from last year. Here's my bookshelf again this year and my ebooks, only thing not pictured that's changed there is @ThatNickGuy's wonderful gift last year of The Complete Calvin and Hobbes. Good way to get an idea of the things I like. Particular favourites are the Red Rising series.

20191130_203823.jpg

1575175912315.png

Also, I realized recently that while I've been playing League of Legends since early 2011 I don't have anything league related. These are my top 8 most played champions, Lux by a huge margin.

1575175363256.png

And here's my list of steam games. Please...don't buy me any more games though. Not even gonna bother linking to my wishlist, the profile is just again to give a good idea of what I'm into.

Let me know if this kickstarts any ideas. If not, I can provide more!

If you still want to sign up, you have until 9pm on Tuesday, November 24 to PM me your name and other information. I'll send you the information on your assigned Halforumite the next day

Please send a gift to your victim belovèd fellow Halforumite by Monday, December 14th and make sure you post many, many pictures once you receive your gift. We definitely need some joy this year so let's share and we can multiply everyone's happiness.

Hello, all. Here's the updated list of people who want doomweasels to visit their house this Christmas. If I missed you, let me know as soon as you can.

blotsfan
Bubble181
Celt Z
Dave
Dei
Dirona
evilmike
Far
GasBandit
General Specific
jwhouk
PatrThom
Shawn
Terrik
Tress
Wahad

Last edited:
Terrik is pretty notorious about not replying in a timely manner, but I will try to give him shit the next time he decides he wants to reply to my messages.