Shine your shoes for a quarter mister?

Whelp, time to come clean about it all.

This last July I had a bit of a mental health... Let's call it an "oopsie" and needed to spend time time in the hospital. Part of my treatment has been several week of counseling and whatnot. My time at work has been reduced and the vacation pay I'd been saving up has finally run out. We're at that "we can pay for bills, gas, or groceries. Pick one haha jk we can't pay that one either" stage.

I'm doing so much better though. I'm honestly really happy and it just feels like a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Even with my current financial stress I just feel content with life and feel like everything is going to be okay.

I'm also starting a new side job but part of it is super far away and will require about $100 a week in gas. Once I get up and running again though things are going to be much much better for us. I just need to get over this last little hump.

If anyone can spare a little that would be awesome but if not that's fine. Don't feel obligated.

Thank you all so much!

I've now had three errors trying to pay :-( Don't know why GoFundMe doesn't like me, I'll try again later.

But I'm glad to hear you got the help you need and are feeling much better. There's no shame in needing some time in a hospital; there's little difference between a broken leg or an inflamed liver or a brain with some chemical inbalance, except for the stigma.

OK, sixth time and this time I managed to get to the pint where I had to confirm with my credit card in my 2FA thingamajig and it errored out AFTER entering the code with "not a valid payment method". It may have gone through or it may not; this may be due to it being a foreign CC.
Let me know if you received something or not, if not, please see if you can activate paypal as a payment method? Or just give me an account i can wire something to, I don't care, but after entering details Ic an't say if it's passed or not :-P

*edit* well, it's showing up, so guess worked. Good luck!

OK, sixth time and this time I managed to get to the pint where I had to confirm with my credit card in my 2FA thingamajig and it errored out AFTER entering the code with "not a valid payment method". It may have gone through or it may not; this may be due to it being a foreign CC.
Let me know if you received something or not, if not, please see if you can activate paypal as a payment method? Or just give me an account i can wire something to, I don't care, but after entering details Ic an't say if it's passed or not :-P

I believe I got yours! Thank you so much. It's a really big help.

They're having issues, I think. It wouldn't log me in, and didn't seem to care that I clicked that anonymous button. but when I finally got logged in, the donation appears to have gone through.

Thank you everyone! It really helps a ton. Y'all are awesome!
Remember the rules! For every dollar received, one year before the... No, wait, errr... Oh, right, interest is 100% yearly, payment to start after the.... No, no, let me... Oh! An ace beats a king, but a deuce beats an ace, except... Dammit. I'm sure I'll get it right eventually.
Remember to shave before the third... I swear, I'll forget my head next...
Oooh, now I remember! Right! When you're back on your feet and in a position to do so, try to pay it forward. I think that's the right one. :p

Dave

Staff member
If you can hang on until Friday I can give some. But I'm tapped for a couple days. My own fault, really. I stopped on the way home last night & bought donuts without checking the account first!

Dont put yourself out! One way or another we'll make it so if money is tight money is tight. I completely understand. I'm already blown away by what's been happening.