Skyrim Mods version 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, going to try hitting Skyrim up. Mods have been out for a while, some have gotten better, some have been abandonded. So what's good these days?

Best graphics mod? Best water mod? Best other mods? Best skin mods? Best magic mods?

Personally I don't like game affecting overpowering mods. But I'd be willing to check them out.

I'm listening.

If you're playing through Steam, the gameworkshop all time best list is probably the way to go.

I personally love: sounds of skyrim, elfwood, lord of the rings weapons, armored horses, and my fav has to be "camping".

I switched up to a new character that's a ranger sort, and the camping mod lets you set up a tent and fire out in the wilds.

Ok this is what I have so far:

Better Females by Bella
Detailed Bodies
Detailed Faces
Glowing Ore Veins
No More Blocky Faces
Skyrim HD
Sky UI

I'm considering getting that Sounds of Skyrim, seems awesome. Also looking for a good "All in One" crafting mod that doesn't imbalance the game. Just being able to smelt down my current items and craft a few new ones would be sufficient.

Dunno about the dungeons one though, it'd bother me to hear falmer or drauger that aren't there anymore because I cleared out the whole thing.

I'm listening to the vids so far and I'm definitely getting "towns".

I don't think I have the dungeon mod. I also don't know if they fixed the bug for the main mod where occasionally you'll hear birds while in dungeons. I've never had it happen to me, but it was brought up a lot on the page for the mod.

Well so far I like "Wilds" and "Civilization".

As for the smithing mods, it looks like I'm going to get the combination of Complete Crafting Overhaul, Weapons and Armor fixes and Smithing Perks Overhaul.

Thoughts?

Yeah but the crafting/armor/weapon system is just a little too basic for me. There's what, 4-5 total armor choices?

Still, I know what you mean, hence they're not unbalancing mods for my picks.

Alright, just about done with installs, heading into Skyrim soon....

I keep seeing that picture floating around, but have yet to hear anyone name the mods that can do that. Until that time, I'm gonna say shopped :p

Got a few new mods I'm loving so far.

Fixed Eye Adaption. Oh gods how this used to piss me off. The constant shift from bright to dim to dark to bright over and over drove me up the wall. This fixes it to a more "normal" reaction.
Killmove Plus. More kill moves = good. Forcing the cam into 3rd person for kill move = better. Making it so you don't just get a kill move on the last guy in a group fight = amazing.

I think I'd get tired of constant death animations all the time. I do like that they finally added normal ones for ranged and casters. I never saw one with my sneak assassin.

My mods is shooting up by the day:

UFO - Ultimate Followers Overhaul. Basically it fixes any problems you had with followers in the first place (Stagnant level, semi-workable inventory etc). No game breaking stuff here.
FXAA Injector + Immersive Enviroment + Immersive Water = Holy shit the game looks even better than anything I've ever seen before with no fps loss.
Skyrim Monster Mod: Tired of fighting the same 20 npcs throughout the world? This puts in over 100 leveled (to your current level) monsters in the game. 99% of them lore friendly (Minus the ridiculous addition of a Triceratops) Also gives you much more varied Dragons to fight with specialized powers.
Better Sorting - For better sorting. Obviously.

Does that Followers mod make it so you can't kill your own followers? I'm sick of my mage character killing my companions because they get knocked out just as I'm throwing a fireball.

doomdragon6

Staff member
Shegs: I'm a modaholic as well. I can barely play because I need to download the best mods. @_@

I know you're a bit more discerning with mods than I am, so you may be pleased to know that I take your recommendations as quality and will likely get those myself. :)

Skyrim Monster Mod: Tired of fighting the same 20 npcs throughout the world? This puts in over 100 leveled (to your current level) monsters in the game. 99% of them lore friendly (Minus the ridiculous addition of a Triceratops) Also gives you much more varied Dragons to fight with specialized powers.
I want to kill a triceratops in Skyrim.

The mods keep rolling in but I think I'm getting "satsified" with how the game works with these updates:

Enhanced Blood Textures - Obvious.

Game is still true to Vanilla, nothing "broken" or "overpowered", just looks a whole lot better and fixed some obvious glaring issues (like the followers etc).

GasBandit

Staff member
The mods keep rolling in but I think I'm getting "satsified" with how the game works with these updates:

Enhanced Blood Textures - Obvious.

Game is still true to Vanilla, nothing "broken" or "overpowered", just looks a whole lot better and fixed some obvious glaring issues (like the followers etc).
So did you give up on your mage?

Oh definitely. Even with the best magic mods out there: Midas Magic or Magic Updated or even Tyranis, there is NO charm humanoid spell. I may try it again with Magic Updated as it scales magic with your levels and make the perks give bonus to damage instead of bonus to magic cost reduction, making mages viable till their upper levels. We'll see after I'm done with my Orc Champ.

New Mod Update:

Every City has various guards TS edition - Basically every city has it's own "flavor" of guard armor. No meshes/textures to install, just uses armor that's already in game. Amazing mod, no performance hit and there's finally some REAL difference between guards from city to city. Highly recommend.

I have in this thread! *grin*

Here they are again until I do some more updating:

Better Females by Bella - No makeup
Better Sorting
Complete Crafting Overhaul
Detailed Bodies
Detailed Faces
Enhanced Blood Textures
Every city has various guard outfits
Fixed Eye Adaption
Glowing Ore Veins
Immersive Water
Immersive Enviroment (PPI Setting)
FXAA Post Process Injector
No More Blocky Faces
Skyrim HD (Landscape, Towns, Dungeons, Misc)
Skyrim Monster Mod
Sky UI
Smithing Perks Overhaul (w/Weapons and Armor Fixes)
Static Mesh Improvement
Dance of Death - Killmove Mod
UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul

None of these mods conflict with each other with the exception of "Static Mesh Improvement" and "Skyrim HD". I liked that SMI had some meshes that Skyrim HD didn't, so I intalled SMI first, then Skyrim HD after and overwrote any files that needed to. over 20hrs into the game, lvl 40 and none of these mods have been gamebreaking or caused a single CTD.

If anything, some of these mods have made the game MUCH harder.
Complete Crafting Overhaul makes skill gains in Smithing harder. Skyrim Monster Mod really buffs up Dragons and adds ALOT of new hardcore monsters to the game. Etc

Question for those who use SKYUI:

Do you have a bug where everytime you select something from your inventory to buy/sell/drop, after you use/sell/drop it, your cursor bounces all the way to the bottom of your list, making you scroll back up everytime?

His README says they fixed that bug a while back, but apparantly not....

Ok new problem: Has any mod been able to fix the "No hot key for off hand" yet? I even tried using the Catergorized Favorites mod and I can't get the Equip Sets to equip two daggers at once. Any advice here?

Status
Not open for further replies.