[PC Game] Skyrim... the epilogue.... *Spoilers for main game*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So may 1h Sword, Shield, Heavy Armor, Smithing, Enchanting, Blocking, Conjuring, Alteration, demi-goddess has now:

Taken leadership of the Companions and ridded them of their curse, save myself and my wife Aela.
Taken leadership of the Mage's College and shut down the rifts caused by the Eye of Magnus.
Assisted the Empire in routing the Stormcloaks and sending Ulfric to Sovengarde.
Traveled to Sovengarde to slay Alduin and restore the afterlife to it's previously joyous state.
Collected the Dragon Priest masks and gained the great Mask.
Traveled to the four corners of Skyrim and assisted all the Daedra whom seek assistance in Skyrim from the Dragonborn.

Pretty much know that I haven't done the Dark Brotherhood and Thieve's Guild quests, for a reason.

I'm going to start a new playthrough, where I skip the storylines I've already done and complete those that I haven't. This time I'm going with a Sneak/Archer/Destruction Mage that everyone seems to play to get through those two storylines. I know that there's the possibility to become Thane of a few cities and I also want to see the Stormcloak side of the Civil War.

Without spoiling any storyline I haven't yet listed, where should I go with this second character and what "big things" are left for me to do?

Dark Brotherhood is good but not as awesome as it was in Oblivion. (oh and make sure to actively use your.... rewards) You get a lot of flavorful color comments from it.
Thieves Quest was awesome tho and the sub-missions is great for immersion.

There are new quests available from mods and such but haven't checked yet.

I've been doing a new play through on Master.... just got to LVL 30... jesus christ... the difficulty spike is insane.

Thieves Guild has been pure joy. Completed the main part, loved every minute. Really took advantage of all being a "sneak thief". The Epilogue missions are fantastic as well, took me a while to learn that I needed to do 5 per city to get the special missions but I am loooooving it.

Soon as I fully restore the Thieves, it'll be onto the Dark Brotherhood, though I think I'm going to stop off and go get Merune's Razor right before, because sneak daggers is phenomenal.

Question: Without spoiling - Is there anyway to deal with the Thalmor taking over the Empire in this main game or is it a future Xpac thing?

Oh make sure to get Kill Move packs. I'm unsure of the game... but it's really good, unlocked new kill move VATS depending on skills. Some are awesomesauce.

The Stormcloak stuff is entirely the same as the Imperial Legion stuff, except you attack a few different cities, have different people helping you, and the finale is a bit different. I honestly didn't like ether of the quest lines, because you never felt any lasting changes for helping ether side. Neither side gives you any sort of real prize for helping them and the stories don't differ enough to matter. It's kinda pointless and poorly thought out.

I won't say much about the Dark Brotherhood stuff, except to say that you actually get some very nice rewards out of it and that the story is decent. You'll love/love to hate most of the characters you interact with.

S

SeraRelm

Don't kill Curio. Nightengale armor is the baddest ass looking armor in the game. Shadowmere can tank dragons. You get a summoned pet that you WANT to listen to with the Dark Brotherhood.

As for other stuff to do, are you Thane in all the cities yet? Did you do the short lived Bard's College?

The Bard's college is pretty good. It gives you rewards that are useful until right near the end of the game and the few missions it has aren't too bad.

So a Skyrim without Dragons is pretty damn interesting.

I started the second playthrough and only completed the main storyline until they tell me to go kill the Dragon outside of Whiterun.... I never went. So Dragons do not yet spawn in my world. I'm level 45, Guild Master of the Thieves guild, maxed Enchanting/Alchemy/Smithing and I'm working on the Dark Brotherhood storyline. Without a single Dragon. Without one mention of a Dragonborn.

It's strange, I feel like I'm not "destined to save Skyrim" anymore and instead am a person of my own volition and will. It's pretty liberating.

GasBandit

Staff member
So a Skyrim without Dragons is pretty damn interesting.

I started the second playthrough and only completed the main storyline until they tell me to go kill the Dragon outside of Whiterun.... I never went. So Dragons do not yet spawn in my world. I'm level 45, Guild Master of the Thieves guild, maxed Enchanting/Alchemy/Smithing and I'm working on the Dark Brotherhood storyline. Without a single Dragon. Without one mention of a Dragonborn.

It's strange, I feel like I'm not "destined to save Skyrim" anymore and instead am a person of my own volition and will. It's pretty liberating.
But... but... no Fus Ro Da?!

Damnit, now I want to start a new play-through of Skyrim; but I have D3, and Minecraft, and Tera, and LoG, and more...

Stupid first world problems.

Because this time around, I didn't want to be 'the chosen one'. I wanted to simply be a person, finding her way in the wide world. Which lead me to thieves guild, which led me to the Dark Brotherhood, and so on. It's been an amazing ride. I hear stories that there's some "Dragonborn" person out there. Me? I just keep to my business and explorin.

S

SeraRelm

We've posted up two different mods on the board for Morrowind making it look better (or just like) Oblivion. There are even some gameplay changes in both mods. And did you do both expansions? I'm not trying to curb your enthusiasm, just checking if you've tried these out yet.

Bloodmoon might be the best thing of anything Elder Scrolls.

The Bloodmoon werewolf stuff is so much better than Skyrim werewolf stuff.

S

SeraRelm

I heard they were gonna take out running, jumping, and walking, so now you just fast travel to everything, including enemy to enemy in combat!:troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.