[Bug] Slowdown and or/resource hogging?

There's been times lately where HF has been an absolute slog to deal with. Replies and reactions are slow to load, and dealing with imgur gallery embeds are a total nightmare.

And then it goes away. Running Chrome on a fairly decent, if inexpensive, laptop.

GasBandit

Staff member
I haven't really been able to reliably pin anything down (in part due to my own recent DOS attack problems), but I'll try to keep an eye out to see if I can figure out why it is happening.

Wow but it was absolutely glacial at (I think) around 12-12:20p EDT yesterday. I tried to catch up on the board during a work break, and while the first few pages loaded without issue, over the span of 15-20min the board needed to be stopped and refreshed due to ever-increasing lag, and then went completely unresponsive and I had to just close it out. By lunchtime, though, it was fine again.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
I’ll be addressing this when I get home in a couple weeks. I’m certain this is caused by the current server we’re on being almost completely full. It’s something Gas and I have discussed at length. But since it would necessitate another g-d server move, I’ve been holding off. Our SSL certainly are also coming due so I figured I’d just wait until my vacation is over and do it all in one fell swoop.

I’ll be addressing this when I get home in a couple weeks. I’m certain this is caused by the current server we’re on being almost completely full. It’s something Gas and I have discussed at length. But since it would necessitate another g-d server move, I’ve been holding off. Our SSL certainly are also coming due so I figured I’d just wait until my vacation is over and do it all in one fell swoop.
Just kill off some other things living on the server :-P

(best of luck!)

Would that cause things like the tab on my end sometimes grinding to a halt when an imgur gallery is present?

What's been happening is that when loading a page in a background tab, it goes grayish-white (the default BG color for XenBlue), and doesn't load the page. I do suspect it's due to either Imgur or videos.