So family issues: medical alert

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alucard

I'm not one to normally post rl related issues but since I know you guys pretty well from the hey day that was during the old forums
I felt the need to publicize the fact here and no I'm not going to blog it as you guys seem so fond of posting when someone pens
a thread like this.

Apparently my sister's dad my aunt suffered a pulmonary artery and she is currently hooked up and resting well although they don't
know yet if she will wake up fine, turn into brain mush, or die

I feel slightly indifferent to the situation since I never knew her well. My folks are headed down tomorrow to see how she is doing.

They think she got this due to having surgery done on her leg at one point.

Do you mean Pulmonary Embolism? Pulmonary Arteries are normal they are what bring deoxygenated blood to the lungs to be oxygenated.

Either way I am sorry to hear this, and I hope she is ok in the long run PE's are dangerous but also very treatable

A

Alucard

yeah pulmonary embolism its that i forgot which one was which. we won't find out till tomorrow

PhantomShadow said:
I'm not one to normally post rl related issues but since I know you guys pretty well from the hey day that was during the old forums
I felt the need to publicize the fact here and no I'm not going to blog it as you guys seem so fond of posting when someone pens
a thread like this.

Apparently my sister's dad my aunt suffered a pulmonary artery and she is currently hooked up and resting well although they don't
know yet if she will wake up fine, turn into brain mush, or die

I feel slightly indifferent to the situation since I never knew her well. My folks are headed down tomorrow to see how she is doing.

They think she got this due to having surgery done on her leg at one point.
From what you said here, it seems as if you are suggesting she slipped into a coma. Was this after the embolism or after surgery?

I hope your dad's sister (your aunt) recovers.

A

Alucard

This was awhile after she had surgery earlier. The embolism happened this evening around 4.00 o'clock so I don't know
exactly what state she is but I will keep everybody up to date.

I don't know how serious it is or not

Status
Not open for further replies.