[Announcement] Software Update and Call for Help.

Dave

Staff member
In the next day or so there will be a few things happening. First, I have been approached by a member that is in severe financial need. Like, food and shelter needs are in danger. So I went to put something up for donations and found that we don't have an XF2.0 donations addon. We had one for XF1.X but it was not one of the ones that was updated in the move. So I looked for one for XF2.0. And that's when I found out there is a pretty severe security hole in the XF2.0 software, and that I need to update to XF2.1. So tomorrow morning sometime I will be doing the following:
  • Shutting down the board and updating software to XF2.1.
  • Adding in the new Donation addon.
  • Setting up a donation campaign for our user.
  • Adding an addon that will allow me to change a thread/post author and we can get rid of that stupid issue where anonymous posting borks up the thread starter.
Now, I do NOT know how much to ask for for our user. I will work with them to get a set amount. Suffice it to say that as someone who has been on the cusp of homelessness, it fucking sucks. You can never stop thinking about it. It harms you physically and mentally. We only ask in the most dire of circumstances and this fits the bill. Look for a full write-up tomorrow.

Sorry for all the up/down of the boards. I wish it were different as well. At least this time we won't be having to change the DNS. Oh god I still get nightmares...

Dave

Staff member
Update is completed. I'm doing some cleanup on the backend so things might be a little slowed for a bit. Going from XF2.0 to 2.1 broke a few things - of course - so now I'm putting out fires. Yay me.

Ratings don't appear to be working. The ones that people applied aren't displaying, either. Just how many that post received.

Mobile also no longer seems to have location nor status update displayed beneath the avatar.
Trouble is, I can’t remember whether mobile had those before the 2.1 upgrade, so...

—Patrick