Steven Universe

Saw this today when a friend posted it. I really like it. If you liked Adventure Time you'll probably like this. If you didn't like adventure time, you might still like this anyway. I dunno.

I love this but I feel like you've had to seen Sailor Moon or some other magical girl show to understand why this is so funny. That said, the episode with his dad was both really depressing and uplifting. It explains why Steven lives with the Crystal Guardians instead of his parents, where his mom is, and why his dad isn't around much at all... but it also shows just how much his dad actually cares about him and his mom, even if he doesn't know how to show it. Watching the Crystals just be completely unable to explain to Steven why he really shouldn't hang around his dad (even if there were wrong) was a total adult fear.

Anyone who has ever written for Adventure Time deserves a show of their own.
Not just that, but Rebecca Sugar was responsible for writing some of the better episodes of Adventure Time. A few of her episodes include It Came From the Nightosphere, Fionna and Cake, and Simon and Marcy. She also wrote some of the songs for Adventure Time, such as Fry Song, Bad Little Boy and Bacon Pancakes.

Last edited:
Not to be too critical, but I'm surprised they couldn't come up with a stronger title for that episode title than just listing four names of characters from the episode.
Edited my post with the Oxford comma to make it clearer. Also, the titles may be a little bland but they're still great episodes.

The lady can write a damn tune! Can't wait for the "Giant woman" song to show up in the show, mostly because I want to know what the hell its in reference to.

The lady can write a damn tune! Can't wait for the "Giant woman" song to show up in the show, mostly because I want to know what the hell its in reference to.
Here's a list of the songs she's done for Adventure Time:

Green_Lantern

Staff member
So pretty much all the songs that I remember, including "I'm just your problem" with must be the hetero-est song ever.

So "Cat Fingers"...

Huh...

This is pretty much the conversation my wife and I had. Be aware she never saw any of the other episodes, she pretty much walked in only for this one.

Wife: This show is kind of weird.
Me: Yes it's a nifty show, rather endearing but crazy too.

"Show starts being directed by Katsuhiro Otomo, or at least that is all I can assume"

Wife: What the fuck...
Me: I... huh... wow... this show went from endearing to disturbing very quickly.
Wife: I am going to have nightmares all week.
Me: I don't even know what else to say at this point.

So "Cat Fingers"...

Huh...

This is pretty much the conversation my wife and I had. Be aware she never saw any of the other episodes, she pretty much walked in only for this one.

Wife: This show is kind of weird.
Me: Yes it's a nifty show, rather endearing but crazy too.

"Show starts being directed by Katsuhiro Otomo, or at least that is all I can assume"

Wife: What the fuck...
Me: I... huh... wow... this show went from endearing to disturbing very quickly.
Wife: I am going to have nightmares all week.
Me: I don't even know what else to say at this point.
I had a similar reaction. That episode, which started off fun and cute, really got disturbing and dark fast. That kinda seems like it could be an emerging undercurrent of the show, I've noticed.