Stuck--need to find a song. Help!

Cajungal

Staff member
Hello, everyone!

I'm preparing a chapel for school next week, and I'd love to have a song to go along with it. I'm having trouble finding a song that is both A) kid friendly and B) not horrible ear-offending Christian pop. I need a song that delivers one of these messages:

1. Someone small or powerless accomplishing something big
2. Looking at things in a different way

I've been looking around a bit today, but I find that it's better to get other people involved at times like this. The second I have to think up something like this, a wall seems to come up. Anyway, if you can think of anything, please throw it out.

It's Christian music, but I don't think I would call it offending pop. I think it covers the your 2nd topic. You could probably even go all ukelele on it.

Cajungal

Staff member
I didn't abandon this thread, just busy. I'm looking through your suggestions now. Thanks to everyone who made a suggestion!

I know this is a bit late, but this idea has been bugging me all day. So, here are the ones I have thought of:

Blue, Red, and grey by The Who

Hold On by Tom Waits

Hold On by the Alabama Shakes (not trying for a theme, but it's a good song)

And one project done by Ze Frank which is a great story in and of itself:

http://www.zefrank.com/chillout/

I'm probably way too late, but I'm gonna post this anyways. Maybe good for number 2.

Rodney Crowell - Time To Go Inward

Hello, everyone!

I'm preparing a chapel for school next week, and I'd love to have a song to go along with it. I'm having trouble finding a song that is both A) kid friendly and B) not horrible ear-offending Christian pop. I need a song that delivers one of these messages:

1. Someone small or powerless accomplishing something big
2. Looking at things in a different way

I've been looking around a bit today, but I find that it's better to get other people involved at times like this. The second I have to think up something like this, a wall seems to come up. Anyway, if you can think of anything, please throw it out.
Eye of the tiger