Stuff You Really Shouldn't Like... But Do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not quite a "guilty pleasures" thread as much as a "unexplainable enjoyment".

EX: Everyone knows I love bad movies (Uwe Boll films etc) but my reason for it is that they're so bad they're hilarious. That's a guilty pleasure. My unexplainable enjoyment would be my love for: "Your Highness". It's not even so bad it's good. It's just bad bad. I can't point to one single thing that redeems the movie or makes it good inspite of the rest of it. Yet... it's becoming one of my favorite movies to watch. I have no idea why.

Other examples: My love for Gas Station Burritos/Chimichangas. They're terrible. They're poorly cooked. They're usually burnt... but I'll almost always get one if I see it in the window.... ugh. Same goes for Taco Bell food. I will gladly eat it with a huge grin on my face but I couldn't tell you why. It's terrible quality food, there's nothing redeeming about it.

I like all the stuff that happens on Nick's prom night. I know I shouldn't, but... I just can't resist

Cajungal

Staff member
When I'm in the right mood, a fast food burger. Flavor-wise and quality-wise, it's not the best burger I can get. Still, sometimes it's just all I want. I think one of the things I like about them is how the patties are usually thinner than homemade or restaurant burgers. They're easier to eat, and the bun's all nice and warm, and there onion slices are usually nice and thick.... Yep, every now and then I really want a McDonald's or Wendy's burger with some fries.

I shouldn't because they're reviled among my kind, but I actually like the Fantastic Four movies. And Daredevil (specifically the director's cut, which is a hell of a lot better). With the FF movies, I went to see them in theatres with VERY low expectations both times and walked out feeling entertained. Are there better superhero movies? Oh Christ, yes. There are scores of better superhero movies. But I still liked them. And own them.

Also, of all the Batman movies, I find I enjoy watching Batman Forever (the one with Riddler & Two-Face) the most. Again, it's by no means the best Batman movie, though I would honestly put it above the Burton movies because I feel they haven't aged very well. But I fucking love spouting off Two-Face's monologue at the beginning; I have the damn thing nearly memorized.

Also, of all the Batman movies, I find I enjoy watching Batman Forever (the one with Riddler & Two-Face) the most. Again, it's by no means the best Batman movie, though I would honestly put it above the Burton movies because I feel they haven't aged very well. But I fucking love spouting off Two-Face's monologue at the beginning; I have the damn thing nearly memorized.
You deserve a REALLY?!?! for that. But the opening lines for Two-Face is as close to his character as anything put on film. Just too bad the rest of the performance was a bargain basement Silver Age Joker.

You deserve a REALLY?!?! for that. But the opening lines for Two-Face is as close to his character as anything put on film. Just too bad the rest of the performance was a bargain basement Silver Age Joker.
Hence why I really SHOULDN'T enjoy it as much as I do. Again, don't get me wrong. The Nolan movies? Fucking perfect, especially in the fact that they don't treat Commissioner Gordon like a fat joke. But me? I like my comics with a little bit of fantastical and maybe a little silly. So Batman Forever is kind of a nice marriage between that silly Silver Age that went too far in Batman & Robin, and the dark, brooding Batman.

S

SeraRelm

I think we both know I love bad movie too, but Uwe Boll is a line.

S

SeraRelm

Anal se...

-mantics over the proper use of dil...

-l pickles concerning sandwiches

"Safety Dance"
We can leave your friends behind though. (Seriously I'm with you on this 100%)
80s Hair bands, and their power ballads.
Child of the 80s, yeah I can agree. Some of it was just out right terrible and isn't part of the 'good memories' of 80s music, but damn if I won't sing it everytime it comes on the radio.
That honestly isn't an indictment on this place as much as the open hostility I get all the time
You realize it's usually either in response to your blatant "come get me!" trolling or just outright mockery? Nearly never hostility. In my case it's usually just me playing with your "come get me" style of trolling with my own.
hoonpooty.gif
Probably my favorite HF created content so far.
Yep, every now and then I really want a McDonald's or Wendy's burger with some fries.
Most definitely, much like my Taco Bell admission, everytime Wendy's does that "Mushroom Swiss" promotion... I'm there like a fly on shit.
The Matrix sequels. Even now I get the urge to watch some CGI bullshit fu.
They definitely qualify, the Neo/Smith playground scene? Fuck yeah!
I think we both know I love bad movie too, but Uwe Boll is a line.
The line where awesome begins? I totally agree!
Batman Forever is better than Batman Begins.
Read my previous post cause if this ain't an example of perfect example I dunno what is.
*Nickelback Song
That's been my anthem before I head out for a night a few times now, easy.

...I really like that show Paranormal State. Beats the shit out of Ghost Hunters and actually sets up some sort of atmosphere. I was sad when they decided to end it to 'pursue other things'.

fade

Staff member
The Matrix sequels. Even now I get the urge to watch some CGI bullshit fu.
The problem with the Matrix sequels is kind of that they were the sequels to such an earth-shattering movie. On paper, the stories actually read really well (read their wikipedia entries). In execution, they went over the top, but overall, I never thought they were terrible--just nowhere near as good as the first. I think everyone just got really disappointed.

Batman Forever is better than Batman Begins.
Ehhhhh, I wouldn't go that far. As far as movie quality goes, the Nolan movies are still top notch. In terms of entertainment value, Batman Forever wins out. Of course, that's even including the animated stuff like Mask of the Phantasm or Return of the Joker. That stuff is awesome.

And yeah, I'm with you, Gusto. I just re-watched all three Matrix movies recently. True, they're not nearly as good as the first, but the sequels are pretty good in their own ways. There's certainly no shortage of symbolism in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.