[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

Dave

Staff member
Racist shithead turns out to be racist and say racist things. Tell me ABC didn't know she was a lunatic beforehand. Now we wait for the right to say it was because she was pro-Trump, not because she's a terrible person and kryptonite to advertisers.

Now we wait for the right to say it was because she was pro-Trump, not because she's a terrible person and kryptonite to advertisers.
To be fair, what's more pro-Trump then comparing a black person to a monkey? "Ape in heels" i believe it was...

Yes. Just not to anyone related to George Soros. I'm not sure where Roseanne got that from.
Well, they're both jews, innit...

So I'm up staying with my aunt and grandma helping them with stuff that 63 and 85 year old woman need help with around the house so that means watching regular asshole tv with commercials. That means lots of Food Network at night.

What can I do to become Nigella Lawson's trophy boy? This I need to know.

Cajungal

Staff member
This week's episode of The Handmaid's Tale felt especially timely based on the news this week. I know it was written and shot way before, but DAMN, that was hard to watch. All of it, but the scene towards the end in the empty house.....gut wrenching.

This week's episode of The Handmaid's Tale felt especially timely based on the news this week. I know it was written and shot way before, but DAMN, that was hard to watch. All of it, but the scene towards the end in the empty house.....gut wrenching.
The whole show is gut-wrenching. If I'm ever in a happy mood and need to feel dour and depressed, that's my go to show.

The Sniffer, a Russian detective drama on Netflix. Just finished series 3. The last 4 episodes when to HOLY SHIT really quick. And the main character's ex wife is a treasure - she is the evilest bitch ever.

Finally caught up with Counterpart... damn fine show and wouldn't have been possible without an amazing duel performance from lead, JK Simmons. If you like your spycraft with a Sci-fi twist, I highly recommend it.

GLOW season 2 came out on Netflix Friday. Finished it last night and it's somehow even better than the previous season.

Riverdale Season one

WE GET IT-Greg Berlanti, its a DARK version of Archie Comics! Don't gotta hammer it in every fifteen minutes.

Honestly its okay, but its all the hammy soap opera writing of a typical Berlanti story, but no where NEAR as much ass kicking as say Arrow. I get why people love it, and even THOUGH they fixed the core flaw of Archie changing him from being an uncaring manslut to a normal teenager whose dick gets him into trouble, I'm not sure about continuing.

Just watched the first episode of Sacha Baron Cohen's show Who is America?

It didn't all land, but getting noted gun shithead Larry Pratt to laugh about raping one's wife in an interview and getting him and Trent Lott and Joe Walsh to endorse a program called Kinder Guardians where you arm children as young as 4 in schools while reading out the unbelievably stupid made up bullshit how the pheromone Blink 182 which is produced in the wizkalifa part of your liver cause children to see in slow motion during crises is good fucking TV.

Dave

Staff member
So...Robin and friends straight up murdering people? I think Batman would have a thought or two on that.

Why does everything have to be so grim and dark? Come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't already a topic in the grimdark thread.