[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

figmentPez

Staff member
My guess on beekeeper? MCU version of SWARM, who's a Nazi whose body has been devoured by bees down to the skeleton but can now mind control bees. I'm guessing he's just former Hydra/current SWORD in this universe and not a nazi, but still has the bee mind control.
At the end of each episode...
The frame around them is a hexagon. Were this DC, I'd suspect H.I.V.E. had something to do with this, but while Marvel's Hive is tied to Hydra, he is not bee themed.

Interestingly, AIM in the recent Avengers game uses a hexagon in their logo, as does the Cybertek Corporation from the Agents of SHIELD TV series.

I have no idea where I'm going with this. I'm just happy we're going to get to see....

....Darcy again. I love her so much and I've been missing her. At least I hope the IMDB listing is correct and that Kat Dennings is back.

At the end of each episode...
The frame around them is a hexagon. Were this DC, I'd suspect H.I.V.E. had something to do with this, but while Marvel's Hive is tied to Hydra, he is not bee themed.
I don't know if Agents of Shield badguys are available to be recycled (I guess it depends how connected that show is to the MCU) but they used him one season.

Like I said earlier, most of these will be rewards for reading the comics, but for the show to work mainstream the references will be in your face obvious.

WandaVision
I love the darkness creeping into whatever is happening. I'm not a fan of old TV, but the mix here of the homages/tropes and that darkness is nice. I'm sure it's building up to something quite insane.
Wanda is clearly doing this to herself. Heartbroken by the death of Vision she has somehow trapped herself in world where she doesn't have to cope with his loss. It's possible someone else has trapped them, but I feel like this is more something Wanda allowed to happen.

Watched Orthodox. Interesting, but since it tried to stay true to real life, it feels more like a documentary of characters than a traditional story style movie. Some parts play no part in the story.

WandaVision thoughts after Episode 3:
First, the intro was Brady Bunch, and the house was also Brady Bunch. Just references everywhere. Wanda had more of a Marcia look than a Mom Brady look though, and Vision definitely had the Greg Brady vibe.

There's a definite vibe of "Everyone is afraid to break character in front of Wanda", with the neighbors trying to subtly hint things to Vision while Wanda isn't there, and Wanda being the one to reset time twice now. When Geraldine broke, Wanda threw her out immediately, and Geraldine was trying to talk to Wanda akin to that of a therapist about Pietro, trying to get her to understand reality.

The question I have is whether it's Wanda in control, or if someone else is controlling Wanda and doesn't want people to interfere. I don't know who the Watcher was in episode 1. Maybe "Ralph", Agnes' husband that nobody has seen yet?

I’m going to mention some of the theories I’ve seen listed so far. 1) Agnes is Agatha Hargreaves from the comics, the witch who raised Wanda and Pietro. She is wearing a locket that may represent a coven or possible the three Norns. In the last episode she is riding a bike that is similar to that of the wicked witch in Wizard of Oz. 2) The hexagons may represent AIM (Advanced Idea Mechanics) from the comics and first mentioned in the MCU in Iron Man 3. They are likely an offshoot of Hydra and may be trying to influence Wanda’s dream world here with advertisements (such as the commercials and even the magazine and newspapers viewed briefly). One newspaper is even folded to read “Hydra” if the Hydra Soak commercial wasn’t enough. 3) There are many references that suggest this may all be part of a dream, however I think it’s more “dream like”. When expelled from West View Geraldine is still wearing the same clothes so it’s probably very real inside the town. 4) Wanda obviously has quite a few powers here and people have noted that many of them seem like those granted by the infinity stones. Most prominently the Reality Stone which makes sense since a common color showing up in odd places is red. 5) if not obvious it is definitely SWORD at the gates trying to isolate and free the town. There is more to Geraldine but I’m putting that in another spoiler because it has been revealed by marvel but not officially in the show yet.
the little girl from Captain Marvel all grown up. It is rumored she may get her super powers that she has in the comics from the events of WandaVision.

It's Harkness, and she was originally the FF's magic nanny.

Wanda and Pietro where raised by a humanoid cow... and the Maximoffs.

The witch only became a mentor to Wanda after Marvel decided causing bad luck wasn't enough of a power and decided to make her an actual magic user.

It's Harkness, and she was originally the FF's magic nanny.

Wanda and Pietro where raised by a humanoid cow... and the Maximoffs.

The witch only became a mentor to Wanda after Marvel decided causing bad luck wasn't enough of a power and decided to make her an actual magic user.
And the humanoid cow was referenced in the opening credits of episode 2! Somehow I doubt Disney is going to go all in on that.

Since awhile ago we were told Wanda will feature heavily in the next Doctor Strange movie Multiverse of Madness I've always assumed that instead of Wanda getting rid of mutants like she does in House of M she will instead "create" them by pulling them inadvertently from one of the multiverses into the MCU. It seems like the cleanest way to get them into the MCU without having to explain why they've never showed up to assist in all the world-changing events that have been going on.

Last edited:
Since awhile ago we were told Wanda will feature heavily in the next Doctor Strange movie Multiverse of Madness I've always assumed that instead of Wanda getting rid of mutants like she does in House of M she will instead "create" them by pulling them inadvertently from one of the multiverses into the MCU. It seems like the cleanest way to get them into the MCU without having to explain why they've never showed up to assist in all the world-changing events that have been going on.
This has sort of been my guess too? Especially since there is no Wanda is the X-Men verse, but there IS a Quicksilver, it would be really interesting to see her do all of this just to get Pietro back and have it turn out to be the X-Men version and not the Age of Ultron version... and with mutants in tow as well.

Now, take this with a grain of salt regarding WandaVision speculation, but

There has been an unofficially-confirmed reports that Evan Peters filmed something for WandaVision. This came from the actor who does all of Peters' Spanish dubs, saying he did more work for the show. BUT, 1)we don't officially know if this is true, and 2) even if he did, we don't know if he's playing Pietro. It could be a "wink, wink" cameo as someone else, or a hint to a mutliverse.

Resident Alien: Pilot episode
How about a series that was made for Alak Tudyk's brand of charismatic awkwardness? I'm invested. This one was great.
"Weirdo? That's not good. Now I have to meet her there and prove to her that I fit in. That I'm normal like them. But first I'm going to cut Sam Hodges' brain out of his head and squish it in my hands."

Wow, the casting looks great so far. Cautiously excited about this. I read Sandman as it came out so I have been a fan since the beginning.

Casting looks really good.
Though I'm personally very curious so they'll cast as Desire, the androgynous hot person everyone loves to... Err, get confused by :D

Still haven't read it.
Probably will work the same way as Watchmen, where the movie/series coming out is what finally gets me to read the novel.

--Patrick

Casting looks really good.
Though I'm personally very curious so they'll cast as Desire, the androgynous hot person everyone loves to... Err, get confused by :D
The usual go-to for that is Tilda Swinton, though I'm not sure who they'll pick if they want someone younger for the role.

--Patrick

Wanda Vision: Episode 4

Boy did we get a lot of good stuff in this episode.

This is the first episode to really start exploring the mystery of WandaVision and there was so much here to digest. Firstly, seeing someone reconstructed after the snap was awesome. And then the chaos and madness of everyone coming back. That's something that was really missing from Endgame and that Spiderman: Far From Home only gleamed it from a comical viewpoint. This look into it was kinda terrifying and I loved that. 2) we get to see S.W.O.R.D. and discover it has been established for a while now despite never being mentioned in previous films. This does make me wonder what Fury was up to at the end of Far From Home if he wasn't working on S.W.O.R.D. as many thought. 3) getting Park back was awesome. I love that guy. And damn! He can slight-of-hand now! 4) The outside studying and theories of what is happening to Westview. How they connect it to old TV shows. And a nice little connection to all the weird things we've seen in Wanda's world the last three episodes. The cool idea of trying to figure out "the cast".
Answered a lot of questions but not all questions and certainly added more questions. But it does look like Wanda is either having her memory "censored" just as much as the "broadcast".
And please let Darcy and Woo get together.

I have not paused and rewound a movie or episode of anything as much as I did this one.

Last edited:
WandaVision

As a local, as I'm watching this, my first reaction was "There's no Route 2 in New Jer....oh. Oh. ".

I actually missed the sitcom-formula this week, but this was so good as far as information from the outside. And all the familiar faces! I really wish they'd release more episodes.

Also, the mentions of Pietro and Ultron keep making me giggle because I'm waiting for Wanda to pull a "WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?!?"

Dave

Staff member
This show is pretty amazing.
They did this episode type at JUST the right time. Staying with the other format would have gotten tiresome quickly.

I'm guessing, based on information provided by all of the agents, that there have been more than just 3 episodes of the "show" and that they are all airing back-to-back basically.
Whatever is going on in there has a time delay or disruption of some kind. It's the only way to explain why the "episodes" are airing with out the censored bits of time. Also, whatever it is, its permanently altering anything that enters into the field or redesigning it to match the set. Even when removed from the field it continues to stay in the redesigned form. There is no way this is just Wanda. If the field was just based on her mind control she wouldn't be able to keep things transformed outside of the zone.

I'm guessing, based on information provided by all of the agents, that there have been more than just 3 episodes of the "show" and that they are all airing back-to-back basically.
Whatever is going on in there has a time delay or disruption of some kind. It's the only way to explain why the "episodes" are airing with out the censored bits of time. Also, whatever it is, its permanently altering anything that enters into the field or redesigning it to match the set. Even when removed from the field it continues to stay in the redesigned form. There is no way this is just Wanda. If the field was just based on her mind control she wouldn't be able to keep things transformed outside of the zone.
Wanda's powers un- or subconsciously combined with the reality stone?

This show is awesome.

I love the little details, like Agent Woo producing his card by sleight of hand (something he practiced in Ant-man and Wasp) when he first meets Monica. Can't wait for more.

Great episode of WandaVision this week. There are a lot of little details and subtleties in the show and in the performances. This attention to detail has got me wondering about one particular detail that doesn't line up.
They've made a big deal of having Vision using his super speed, which is not normally one of his powers. I'm not sure exactly what it means, but it's curious given that's Pietro's power.