Talk about the love of your life

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife, Veronica, is the love of my life. The truth about me is that I don't like most people and most people don't like me. I have known her for 10 year and she still likes to be with me, and she finds me funny, and I think she is amazing. Some people think I'm weird because I say I will never cheat on her (that's the kind of society I live)

I thought it was not possible to love someone more than I love her... until my daughter was born.

Dave

Staff member
Love of my life? Kerri.

Why? Short answer is she puts up with my shit. Longer answer defies all logic and reasoning. She's there when I wake up and she's there when I go to bed. Any time one or the other doesn't happen my whole life just feels out of whack.

She gets me. And I don't mean that she gets my jokes. She gets not only the humor in my words but the reasons behind why I think the thing is funny. When I'm sad she doesn't just know that I'm sad, she knows why. Same as when I'm happy, mad, melancholy, etc. Sometimes she know the reasons why and I don't.

She's as beautiful to me as the first time I saw her. My only problem is that she doesn't see herself as I do. She's smart, funny and I wouldn't have her any other way.

For 17 years she's been my wife, my best friend and my partner. I don't deserve her but for some reason she stays.

K

Kiff

The love of my life is my dog, Rascal. He doesn't talk back. He always listens to what I've got to say. He's always eager to go out for walks, or comfort me when I'm sad. He puts up with my shit on a day in, day out basis and still loves me despite my busy work schedule.

Oh... wife and kids, they're cool too.

J

Jiarn

/wrists
/emo
/etc

-heh- On a more serious note, my kids. They have kept me going through some of my darkest times. I always find my strength to push through anything because of them. They never seem to mind when I'm frustrated or ornery. They just come up to me and tell me they love me with a kiss and a hug.

I wouldn't be where I am today, or anywhere nearly as well off as I am today if it wasn't for them.

C

Chibibar

my wife is the love of my life :) We get along (99% of the time) for the last 10 years.

Probably my little sister? She loves me so much, and I love her that much too. She's the only one I miss when I'm away from home, and I love spending time with her. She's the only person I can kiss whenever I want to, hug and play with, and generally show my feelings without it being awkward. She will come ask me stuff and she'll listen to me with complete devotion, learning every word I say. Every time she does something, she wants me to see it, and she looks for my company. I'm like a mix between a father and a brother for her, and she can bring me up whenever I'm sad just by a kiss and a question. And it also makes me very proud that she's got the same love for absurdist jokes and fantasy I myself have, because I know she is like this because we have spent so many hours together.

I also love my brother a lot, and while we are very different and there are strong superficial differences between us, our love and understanding runs at a very at a very deep level.

Also, as I always like to share pictures:

Cajungal

Staff member
SJ, that's truly touching. :)

The love of my life is Jake, for so many reasons. He never wants me to explain myself, because he already understands what I mean. He accepts everything about me 100%, even when he doesn't understand why I'm so tense about overcooking chicken, being 5 minutes late for an event, or freaking out about traffic. He actively looks for ways to help me and all his loved ones. This past weekend when I was out running errands, he did all my dishes and took out the trash. He does things like that all the time. At my sister's wedding, he picked up my grandparents and acted as a "middle man" when we realized that decorations were getting in the way of the bridesmaids seeing their cues. He just offers himself like that all the time, helping with a great big smile. And all he asks in return is a night of video games and good food or for me to "calm down already" and just sit beside him for a while without having to worry about something else. He'll bend over backwards for what I want, even when I tell him not to worry about it or it's not that important. He tries so hard at everything he does, and he's one of the most honest people I know.

We have a good mix of similarities and differences, so there's a lot we share without feeling too bored. I learn things from him almost every day. He's also very adventurous in a way that matters to me bigtime. :unibrow:

My right hand.

It helps me with everything in my life: getting dressed, opening doors, writing, cooking, petting my cat, tucking me in at night, tying my shoes, putting in my favourite movies, playing games.

And oh yes, it helps me masterbate.

There is no one in my life that I feel comfortable saying is the love of my life, nor anyone I would be so arrogant to assume they feel that way about me.

Right now I'm working on the shallowest of dating, with multiple girls. Who knows what next month will bring.

P

Psychotic-One

My wife Mary.
She was 18 years old and I was 20 years old. It will 8 years on March 22nd.
I told people I wanted to date one person and marry them. She had told people the same thing. For our first date I showed up in a shirt with holes and a pair of jeans that was at least 2 ½ years old. And she was all dressed up. Her first words were “My god, I got all dressed up and you are wearing that!” Yet she still went out on the date. After that date I knew she was the one. She is my good half, my Jiminy cricket. She is the reason why I get up every morning. She is my one true love.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.