[Rant] Tech Whine Like a baby thread

Tatlow is their "entry" server line, straddling the line between client and workstation. So more like prosumer.
Basically it should carry me for 8-10 more years, depending on how stupid future OSes go.
TBF, if I ever hit the lottery or otherwise came into a significant amount of money, I'd like to put together a monster Threadripper machine... as a Gentoo box. :devil:

Past Me is annoying me right now. When I go biking, I often film it with my GoPro 7. It's usually not exciting footage, but I still enjoy filming my rides.

The problem is sorting the footage afterwards. On the GoPro itself, if it's one long video, it displays as such. But if you copy the files onto a computer from the micro SD card, the same single video is split into chunks usually no longer than 15 minutes. And they're labeled things like GH010126, but not in any identifiable way so I can tell "Okay, this is Part 1, this is Part 2..."

So I have to look at each clip and basically figure out "Okay, this video ends with me at an intersection here...and then, THIS video starts at the same intersection..." so I can rename the video something like "10-26-2021 Bike Trip to Downtown Part 1" and so on.

It gets annoyingly trickier when sorting videos from my rides on the trails because most times, the view is just the trail and the trees. Sometimes I luck out and the footage from one clip to the other includes an identifiable fellow cyclist or pedestrian.

Usually, at the end of a bike ride, I'll immediately copy over the footage and put it in its own folder with the date and a little label about the trip, like "Bike ride to Yoga Rock."

Unfortunately, Past Me got lazy in the half dozen or so trips and just put them all in an "Unsorted" folder. Or just to be helpful, an "Unsorted 2" folder! Thanks, Past Me. Jackass.

GoPro DOES have an app for sorting and posting footage but honestly, it's not very good. With videos that I've uploaded (as private videos) to YouTube, it's after splicing the clips together into one video through the Vegas 15 video editing program.

I'm sure there are much easier or more efficient ways of doing this, but darned if I know them. I'm not professional videographer or editor. Hell, I'm sure a good editor could make something interesting out of these videos.

GasBandit

Staff member
So apparently there was a chrome update. All my pinned tabs and extensions just decided to go bye bye. What a pain.

At least I only use Chrome on the work PC, the home PC and my laptop should be fine.

The Ryzen 7 5800X is on sale at Micro Center for $299.

In store only.

And the closest stores to me are Baltimore, Cleveland, or Columbus. All ~220 miles away. And I'm working Friday night. :(

Tatlow is their "entry" server line, straddling the line between client and workstation. So more like prosumer.
Basically it should carry me for 8-10 more years, depending on how stupid future OSes go.

"You already do!"

--Patrick
Huh I was told 15 years ago that was a stupid idea for a feature