[Movies] The DC Cinematic Universe - The David Zazlav Dumpster Fire.

Dave

Staff member
Not sure how I feel about this one. The character is NOT sympathetic. He's a zealot. He kills friends, kids, anyone. The Greater Good. This show makes it look like a comedic redemption story and I kinda just don't buy the tone.

I'll watch the first few episodes and see if I'm wrong, but to me the whole tone felt off.

Not sure how I feel about this one. The character is NOT sympathetic. He's a zealot. He kills friends, kids, anyone. The Greater Good. This show makes it look like a comedic redemption story and I kinda just don't buy the tone.

I'll watch the first few episodes and see if I'm wrong, but to me the whole tone felt off.
Soonds like what the average american likes. :p

OK, every country has people who likes this types of characters. Doing stuff for the greater good whithout any remose. People sadly want that in real life.

But this is foremost a show for an american audience.

I thought it looked surprisingly compelling when previously I wasn't really interested in a Peacemaker show. He is, as you say, a zealot. But this could be an interesting story of someone having to confront their core beliefs and realizing they were wrong.

Reactions: Cat
Perhaps the protagonist's depiction is meant to be a test, like the sort of test used to determine the psychological character of the person watching the protagonist.
trueface.png
--Patrick

Reactions: Cat

My favorite punisher stories were the ones where garth ennis made him an aging asshole who just couldn't stop killing people. Humor could cover up too many flaws for characters like these

Edit: I think ennis was really writing about his own trauma from growing up during the troubles. That would explain his most nihilistic hyperviolent shit like crossed

Last edited:
Our standards for quality entertainment have been drastically reduced over the last two years as we are desperate for new content.

I'm on ep 2, I'm digging it so far...and am also laughing my ass off as if this show gets popular Jason David Frank will regret calling his film "The Legend of the White Dragon". Considering the stories I've heard about him, that'd be karma.

I've watched Episode 1 so far. I really like Leota. With the reveals about her, there's a lot of potential for her character and I hope they don't disappoint.

I'm on ep 2, I'm digging it so far...and am also laughing my ass off as if this show gets popular Jason David Frank will regret calling his film "The Legend of the White Dragon". Considering the stories I've heard about him, that'd be karma.
Jason David Frank genuinely deserves anything he has coming, based on how he treats fans and coworkers alone.

I'm enjoying it. It's basically James Gunn just making Troma movies for mainstream audiences and that's so fucking weird.

Just watched episode four. Peacemaker seems to be going the same route as Doom Patrol: completely bonkers, but more complex than it appears. Lots of revelations in this episode, holy shit!

Peacemaker season one is done, and season two has been announced!

This series was way better than I expected it to be when I first heard about it. I thought it would simply be ultra-violent hijinks, and while it certainly was, it also gave the characters real depth.

Interesting to see how the ending plays out. Waller isn't happy (especially with her daughter), which isn't a good place to be. (Also, I'd like to mention how much I love Viola Davis as Waller and I'm so glad she's continuing in the role.) While Leota seems to have quit, I hope she'll be back for season two as Chris' BFF (besides Eagly).

Robert Patrick as Chris' dad was disturbingly vile and a true villain. I'm glad he's dead, but it will be interesting to see how this plays out with Chris hallucinating him.

What's up with Goff? Will the butterfly survive to season 2?

I loved the end cameos and luckily I wasn't spoiled about them so it was a surprise.
"You're late, you fucking dickheads." :D

Is it just me or did that trailer give a lot of Black Panther trailer vibes? The whole opening shot with the ship, what seems to be an advanced city, the sort of hip hop mix soundtrack. Maybe it's just a coincidence or maybe they are banking on similarity.

Is it just me or did that trailer give a lot of Black Panther trailer vibes? The whole opening shot with the ship, what seems to be an advanced city, the sort of hip hop mix soundtrack. Maybe it's just a coincidence or maybe they are banking on similarity.
They could set the movie in Wakanda and I wouldn't fucking care. The JSA finally getting some big screen love is instant HERE TAKE MY MONEY for me! And I've been waiting almost twenty years to see Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam!

I think I'm more interested in the other members of the Justice League we caught glimpses of. The Rock's Black Adam feels like the least interesting part of this trailer.

Reactions: Far
Black Adam
It's a nice trailer, but choosing to highlight "Heroes don't kill" in it... what universe does he think they're in? Superman is snapping necks, Batman has guns. You have a harder time finding a hero who DOESN'T kill right now. Heroes throwing "I don't kill!" out the window is a staple of the DCU right now.

In any case, I hope future trailers give a little more info about what makes Black Adam unique, because to a layman, he kinda comes off too close to Superman in this (with a touch of Black Panther). If you've read the comics, you know he's not, but the majority of the audience they want to see this doesn't know that.

It's a nice trailer, but choosing to highlight "Heroes don't kill" in it... what universe does he think they're in? Superman is snapping necks, Batman has guns. You have a harder time finding a hero who DOESN'T kill right now. Heroes throwing "I don't kill!" out the window is a staple of the DCU right now.

In any case, I hope future trailers give a little more info about what makes Black Adam unique, because to a layman, he kinda comes off too close to Superman in this (with a touch of Black Panther). If you've read the comics, you know he's not, but the majority of the audience they want to see this doesn't know that.
I'm really hoping they play up the Shazam angle (maybe even having Zachary Levi or Asher Angel show up) so people understand that's he supposed to be the previous "Shazam". If this movie does well (and the second Shazam does well) then it's inevitable they will have Shazam Vs Black Adam as the finale of that trilogy.

I find all the reporting on this to be blowing it out of proportion. I think 13% isn’t exactly an overwhelming number. If 87% of the fans clamoring for his cut were real, that’s still a lot of people.
The most damning part of is Snyder may have helped orchestrate it by hiring a firm who created said bots.

Also the fact that he never spoke out about the endless harassment that his "fans" unleashed.

Fuck Snyder.

The most damning part of is Snyder may have helped orchestrate it by hiring a firm who created said bots.

Also the fact that he never spoke out about the endless harassment that his "fans" unleashed.

Fuck Snyder.
Now this I can totally get behind. He was an asshole about it. And his movies sucked ass!