[Movies] The DC Cinematic Universe - The David Zazlav Dumpster Fire.

Holy shit, I just saw a picture of what Anna Diop looks like. I'd never seen her in anything but the Titans trailer and in those set photos. Everyone involved in costume design, character design, etc should be fucking fired. She's fucking gorgeous, what the fuck?

You know, it just dawned on me that not giving Dick his own room in his giant mansion is totally a dick move if they where not engaged in pederasty...

Also helpful of the artist to put them in clothes the same color as their uniforms so we can tell which is which.
Also that "package" just looks like it should be a box of "Urgent"-brand laundry flakes.

--Patrick

Seems Cavill is out as Superman. Oh no! Now what will we do?!
Affleck might be leaving as Batman, too. And they announced they're focussing more on Supergirl. Now, a DCEU with Wonder Woman and Supergirl as "big names" could be great! As long as they manage to keep Snyder far, far away from the whole thing.

GasBandit

Staff member
don't worry, even without Zack Snyder, I'm sure they'll find a way to screw it up. Maybe they'll get Frank Miller to direct, and Wonder Woman and Supergirl will become prostitutes by day. Or is that by night? Either way, whores whores whores whores whores whores whores whores whores. Whores.

They'll get Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, who will do Justice League 2 as an Ace Ventura style comedy.

To explain - they were the directors fired from Solo because they wanted it to be an improv comedy and not a heist film.

Edit: Wow. When I said this, I didn't know they were actually already slated to helm a Flash movie for the DCEU. I mean...

Good. In order to fix things and give us an actual Superman movie, it needs a fresh start at this point. Maybe I can get excited for a Superman movie again.

Kind of a shame, though. Cavil was a fantastic casting. He could've been an all-time great if he had better material to work with.

A shame indeed, because I thought the casting of Henry Cavill was one of the things the DCEU did right. He was pretty much a no-name actor when he was announced as Superman, but I'd say he more than proved his skeptics wrong.

Now that I think about it, casting's one of the things the DCEU's done fairly well so far. Affleck's a great Batman/Bruce Wayne, Gal Gadot is a great Wonder Woman, and though I'm not convinced by Bro-Aquaman so far, I'd say Jason Momoa's got the presence and gravitas for the King of Atlantis. Cyborg and Flash have been bit part players so far, so no real comment on them.

Now, a DCEU with Wonder Woman and Supergirl as "big names" could be great! As long as they manage to keep Snyder far, far away from the whole thing.
I could conceivably forgive the DCU if they went in this direction. Gives Supes and Bats a rest and focus on their female heroes and villains, and/or more balanced teams. Do something Marvel is still struggling with. And do it in a good way, more like Wonder Woman and less like whatever-the-fuck they did to Harley Quinn, Suicide Squad and Titans.

Oh, and PLEASE get a better FX department. One that uses more that 4 colors and doesn't make everything so flat and fake.

I could conceivably forgive the DCU if they went in this direction. Gives Supes and Bats a rest and focus on their female heroes and villains, and/or more balanced teams. Do something Marvel is still struggling with. And do it in a good way, more like Wonder Woman and less like whatever-the-fuck they did to Harley Quinn, Suicide Squad and Titans.

Oh, and PLEASE get a better FX department. One that uses more that 4 colors and doesn't make everything so flat and fake.
And sadly, if they now want to try and go for a more "we've got females! Heroic females! Look at the pretty empowered females!" they're still going to be too late, because Shazam's right around the corner for the Other Guys. Tragic, really.

They'll get Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, who will do Justice League 2 as an Ace Ventura style comedy.

To explain - they were the directors fired from Solo because they wanted it to be an improv comedy and not a heist film.
They might not be the perfect fit for Justice League 2, but they would be an interesting choice. After all, they are the guys who made 21 Jump Street, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, and the Lego Movie.

Also, I can think of one version of JL that might be a better fit for them:

Good. In order to fix things and give us an actual Superman movie, it needs a fresh start at this point. Maybe I can get excited for a Superman movie again.

Kind of a shame, though. Cavil was a fantastic casting. He could've been an all-time great if he had better material to work with.
That was one of the things I found most frustrating about Man of Steel. Cavil got 30 seconds (if that) to be 'Clark Kent, mild mannered reporter'.

I suspect some of that is blaming the FX department for the stylistic choices of the director or the studio's unwillingness to give them enough time to deal with a last-minute, completely changed color grading requirement.

And sadly, if they now want to try and go for a more "we've got females! Heroic females! Look at the pretty empowered females!" they're still going to be too late, because Shazam's right around the corner for the Other Guys. Tragic, really.
Was this meta humor or did you just blank on Captain Marvel?

Like others, I'm on Team The-Problem-Wasn't-Cavill. I saw the director's cut of BvS, and while it's not a huge improvement overall, there is a LOT more Clark Kent, and Cavill is genuinely good at playing him. That sold me on the potential for Cavill to be a really good Superman if he just had better material/creative direction to work with.

Until Snyder and the creative team that works with him leave or let someone else be in charge, I don't think there is hope for the DCEU.

If they were smart, they'd remind people Wonder Woman got there first (both in the movies and the comics), and Supergirl is going into her 4 season while poor Agent Carter barely got 2. They have a lot of uptapped potential, although their track record shows they'll probably forget all about it.

They might not be the perfect fit for Justice League 2, but they would be an interesting choice. After all, they are the guys who made 21 Jump Street, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, and the Lego Movie.

Also, I can think of one version of JL that might be a better fit for them:
They also gave us Clone High and produced The Lego Batman Movie, so I feel like they'd be pretty good with the source material for a different Justice League line-up. The DCU could use a little levity.

I could claim meta humor, but honestly, I mixed the two up for a second there. I did mean Captain Marvel, of course.
In modern parlance, DCU Captain Marvel may not count as a meta, because Billy Batson doesn't technically have inherent powers, and Captain Marvel's body may not actually count as human.

They also gave us Clone High and produced The Lego Batman Movie, so I feel like they'd be pretty good with the source material for a different Justice League line-up. The DCU could use a little levity.
I feel like they're gonna see the success of Shazam (because mark my words, Shazam is gonna make boatloads) and decide to go too far in the light and campy direction. Superman will use Lex Luthor Repellent in the next one.

I feel like they're gonna see the success of Shazam (because mark my words, Shazam is gonna make boatloads) and decide to go too far in the light and campy direction. Superman will use Lex Luthor Repellent in the next one.
Luthor will dress up as Skeletor at a convention and Superman will have to go undercover as He-Man to sneak in and capture him.

--Patrick