[Movies] The DC Cinematic Universe - The David Zazlav Dumpster Fire.

Apparently they have a "10 year plan" for DC content on the service, focusing on what they've done for Black Adam, Shazam: Battle of the Gods, and Aquaman 2. I believe it when I see it.

As for Venture Brothers... the movie is still on track, as far as James Urbaniak knows. They already recorded everything.

They shelved a whole produced live action movie. A movie with a character that is not obscure to the average person on the street.

And they're Belgians.

And, when given the chance, actually good directors who don't just make Hollywood drivel.

Obviously I can't guarantee it'd have been any good. I haven't seen their work with big money and push behind it. But at least they're competent and have made genuinely good movies.

It kind of weirds me out how much they are treating Black Adam as an anti-hero. I know in the comics he often goes back and forth a bit based on what he feels is best for his kingdom, similar to Aquaman, but almost all other media up until now always leaned into the villainy side of him, from the DCEU movies, to the video games like Injustice, to the TV shows like Justice League, Young Justice, etc.
Seeing The Rock incarnation just casually fly up to Superman, even in a silly universe as the SuperPets movie, just can't help but weird me out.

The Rock, apparently, has a contract clause saying that he cannot lose a fight in a movie. I imagine this is their way around that while not having the villains win?

But... he totally lost against Jason Statham when he got blasted out of a window in one of them Fast and Furious movies. He ended up in a hospital and had to ask Vin Diesel for help.

Or are we counting that as a draw?

Possibly, especially since I've heard Statham also has a similar stipulation, as well as Diesel. Heard it made Hobbs and Shaw interesting to write for.

The Rock, apparently, has a contract clause saying that he cannot lose a fight in a movie. I imagine this is their way around that while not having the villains win?
Must be untrue.
Dwayne Johnson is in the Fast and Furious Supercharged experience on the Universal Studios Tour.
He lost big time being in that turd of a ride.

I wish I could rename this thread again.
Not sure what, but something like "The DC Cinematic Universe: Now a Complete Dumpster Fire."
I'm sure someone else could give it something better.
The DCEU Has Become a Crisis of Warner Brothers' Own Making
it’s fairly obvious that post-merger, the new guard at Warner Bros. Discovery wants to jettison or at the very least put some distance between itself and the DCEU’s current iteration
--Patrick

I'm thinking that maybe that's the reason they're keeping The Flash movie, even with Miller's insanity. It may be how they're planning on resetting the whole DCEU to their liking, and they don't want to dump what they have to try it a different way.

I'm thinking that maybe that's the reason they're keeping The Flash movie, even with Miller's insanity. It may be how they're planning on resetting the whole DCEU to their liking, and they don't want to dump what they have to try it a different way.
If I were them, I'd completely start afresh. New movies, new actors, new storylines, etc. Keep nothing from the old DCEU.

However, if they want to retain certain actors (eg. Henry Cavill is great as Superman, and Gal Gadot will draw moviegoers), then doing a Flashpoint thing may be a decent idea.

I don't particularly like what they've done so far. Really only the first Wonder Woman, Shazam and Peacemaker, to a lesser extent James Gunn's Suicide Squad (as long as we're treating The Batman and Joker as separate things like I assume they are, I did like those.)

But, if they restart everything AGAIN, I'm done. I'm not getting involved and invested just to have them rug pull again in 10 years.

There's a whole thread here, but to sum up, there was the Paramount Decision, which prevented studios from being the means of production AND distribution. Which at the time allowed theaters to show more of what they wanted, and started showing more international films as a result.

That decision was overturned during Trump's era, which expired on...August 7, 2022.

Which means WB Discovery could just pull whatever they want from HBO Max. And they did it so they don't have to pay creators residuals anymore. Fuuuuuuuuck this company so hard.

And writers will say their contracts grew three clauses that day.
(seriously, I expect this to fundamentally change how contracts are written going forward, and the studios aren't going to like it at all)

--Patrick

And writers will say their contracts grew three clauses that day.
(seriously, I expect this to fundamentally change how contracts are written going forward, and the studios aren't going to like it at all)

--Patrick
Yeah, I'm honestly expecting a joint Writer's Guild/Animation Guild strike in the coming days.

Honestly, this was the right call by WB Discovery. The Bat-Man is WAY too obscure and unpopular. A cartoon about him wouldn't work. It's proven time and again that he's not a big seller in any medium. No one knows about the character and no one would pay to see him.

Honestly, this was the right call by WB Discovery. The Bat-Man is WAY too obscure and unpopular. A cartoon about him wouldn't work. It's proven time and again that he's not a big seller in any medium. No one knows about the character and no one would pay to see him.

Idea: What if we give him a gun and have him kill people?

Man, the Rock's Black Adam promotion has been so cringe inducing. All of this seems so sad and desperate.

received_378940027769043.jpeg

0-F287722-F612-4-B41-9-DA8-F85-A5-A023109.jpg

And all that hierarchy shit he's been regurgitating (Rock loves him some Jordan Peterson)

The more Black Adam advertising I see, the lamer I find it. It's giving off the most try-hard, 12 year old's drawing of what is cool vibes I've gotten from any super hero stuff. Knowing the Rock has it in his contracts that he doesn't lose fights in his movies is just a cherry on top of lameness.

This character should have been another one and done in a Shazam movie.

Reactions: Far
The more Black Adam advertising I see, the lamer I find it. It's giving off the most try-hard, 12 year old's drawing of what is cool vibes I've gotten from any super hero stuff. Knowing the Rock has it in his contracts that he doesn't lose fights in his movies is just a cherry on top of lameness.

This character should have been another one and done in a Shazam movie.
The fact that this project apparently won't have any ties with Shazam or any plans to crossover with Shazam is the most baffling to me.