[Movies] The DC Cinematic Universe - The David Zazlav Dumpster Fire.

Why isn't he in Shazam?

Because the Rock is shockingly insecure.
And the stupid thing is, their 1st meeting Cpt. Marvel had to trick in to say the word, because he couldn't beat him 1-on-1... so he doesn't even have to lose a fight.

Meh. I like Cavil, but I hated Man of Steel. I was honestly hoping for a totally fresh take on Superman. Not continuing with the Snyder-established crap.

Meh. I like Cavil, but I hated Man of Steel. I was honestly hoping for a totally fresh take on Superman. Not continuing with the Snyder-established crap.

Snyder is no longer at the helm. I honestly think this supes is salvagable, Man of Steel could have worked as a proto-superman story. Zod's Death and the guilt he felt afterwards could have served to prove to him the value of life, and Superman could become the symbol that inspires even himself to do better.

But you know, then everything after happened.

All thanks to people disingenuously trying to get James Gunn "CANCELLED".

Also, I think Black Adam performing as it did shows just how much of an equal to Superman that character is.

Last edited:
Well, he is the Bizzaro to a copy of Superman... except cooler.
Black Adam, when written properly, is closer to Dr. Doom: monomaniacal, egotistic, self-centered and petty... but also willing to put it all aside for legitimate cases of the greater good (especially if his kingdom is in danger). He was chosen to become a hero for a reason, even if he never lived up to those demands. Hell, he's been a member of several hero teams for periods of time.

Yeah, i was talking more IRL equivalences then his character evolution.

He's Cpt. Marvel's opposite etc. etc.

One thing that was personally disappointing in the film was that the wizard picked a kid the 1st time too, and then they used a twist to get him to be an adult with the power... it was a great idea to have Shazam pick a kid because he was more innocent and would have more of a sense of wonder, after picking a righteous adult ended up making said adult too self-righteous etc.

Well, that and the inconsistency of the inability to share the power without losing it... but i guess we can say that's sometihng the wizard did differently the next time, after identifying it as a issue, i guess.

If it wasn’t for the money they would lose not putting the flash film in theaters they probably would just not release it at all.
Hopefully, the reason the cameos were cut was to avoid re-igniting the backlash over Cavil, Gadot, Mamoa, et al. leaving the DCEU. It's just with it being DC and the WB; it feels like there are dumber options still on the table, such as "we're firing everybody but Ezra Miller."

If it wasn’t for the money they would lose not putting the flash film in theaters they probably would just not release it at all.
Or they're waiting for the new financial year because they might not get as big a tax write-off after already not releasing Batgirl?

Hopefully, the reason the cameos were cut was to avoid re-igniting the backlash over Cavil, Gadot, Mamoa, et al. leaving the DCEU. It's just with it being DC and the WB; it feels like there are dumber options still on the table, such as "we're firing everybody but Ezra Miller."
You can't fire him when the movie has already been made.
Considering that Gunn has given us some of the best films in the MCU and DCEU, I think it might be worth seeing whatever announcement he makes for the future of DC films before we start pulling out the torches and pitchforks. Gunn has never struck me as vindictive or unwilling to work with anyone in particular, especially with someone who is considered a pleasure to work with like Cavil. This is all feeling like a reset, and honestly that wouldn't be a bad idea if he wants to start the story from the beginning with an actual plan of attack. If the big three are out I can't imagine why Miller would be allowed to stay.

Or they're waiting for the new financial year because they might not get as big a tax write-off after already not releasing Batgirl?
Would be weird to announce they are removing the cameos first and THEN announce they care canceling the release of the film.

Considering that Gunn has given us some of the best films in the MCU and DCEU, I think it might be worth seeing whatever announcement he makes for the future of DC films before we start pulling out the torches and pitchforks. Gunn has never struck me as vindictive or unwilling to work with anyone in particular, especially with someone who is considered a pleasure to work with like Cavil. This is all feeling like a reset, and honestly that wouldn't be a bad idea if he wants to start the story from the beginning with an actual plan of attack. If the big three are out I can't imagine why Miller would be allowed to stay.
Mamoa is done as Aquaman, but they are still releasing Aquaman 2. My concern was just that there hasn't apparently been such a clarification where Ezra Miller is concerned.

And, I don't think any of this is due to pettiness on the part of James Gunn. I just can't quite shake the feeling that there might be issues with things he can't control because it's the WB.

Also, in general, I think a reboot is a good idea.

This has little to do with Gunn, who I agree has done great work for both the MCU and DCEU. Rather, it looks like the asshole in charge of Discovery is doing his usual hatchet job with EVERYTHING. And that’s Gunn’s new boss, so he can’t stop it.

There have been some twitter posts that seem to confirm that Gunn will be using shows like Justice League Unlimited as a basis for the new DCEU going forward.
He also made an awkwardly worded response to someone asking about if the Suicide Squad actors were going to stick around and it seems like he confirmed they will likely be recast too.
I also saw a very nice twitter where he explains his Henry Cavil decision was made because they need a younger actor for the role they are creating. He also mentioned that he's excited to work with Henry soon, so while Cavil may no longer be superman that does not mean his days in the DCEU are over.

The new DC media line-up

MOVIES

“Superman: Legacy” (July 11, 2025, “Superman: Legacy”)
“The Authority”
“The Brave and the Bold” (Bat Family, including a non-Robert Pattenson Batman, Damian Wayne version of Robin)
“Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow”
“Swamp Thing”

TELEVISION
“Creature Commandos”
“Waller”
“Lanterns” (Hal Jordan, John Stewart)
“Paradise Lost” (Wonder Woman prequel set on Themyscira)
“Booster Gold”

(Variety)

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
John Stewart wielding unknown power ring.jpg

What kind of ring is John Stewart wearing in this art? The symbol looks really familiar to me, but I can't quite place it, and it's not one of emotional spectrum rings. It's similar to the yellow ring Guy Gardner had for a while, but has extra lines.

Is this concept art for the series, or is it reused art from something I'm not familiar with?

GasBandit

Staff member
View attachment 43720

What kind of ring is John Stewart wearing in this art? The symbol looks really familiar to me, but I can't quite place it, and it's not one of emotional spectrum rings. It's similar to the yellow ring Guy Gardner had for a while, but has extra lines.

Is this concept art for the series, or is it reused art from something I'm not familiar with?
It looks somewhere between the orange and red ring symbol to me, but the color implies the yellow of the Sinestro Corps.

1675195282449.png

figmentPez

Staff member
View attachment 43720

Found the answer by searching Reddit. This is not concept art for the series, it's from Green Lantern: Earth One Vol. 2 in which John is a yellow lantern.

The new DC media line-up

MOVIES

“Superman: Legacy” (July 11, 2025, “Superman: Legacy”)
“The Authority”
“The Brave and the Bold” (Bat Family, including a non-Robert Pattenson Batman, Damian Wayne version of Robin)
“Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow”
“Swamp Thing”

TELEVISION
“Creature Commandos”
“Waller”
“Lanterns” (Hal Jordan, John Stewart)
“Paradise Lost” (Wonder Woman prequel set on Themyscira)
“Booster Gold”

(Variety)

More Viola Davis as Waller? Yes, please!
Cautiously optimistic about Lanterns.
I love me some Gold, but I'm sad at the apparent lack of Blue.
Swamp Thing is part of the DCU, he was on Harley Quinn! Also, he deserves a good movie because he got screwed with the TV show being cancelled.

If the Flash doesn't end with Ezra's version of Barry Allen being wiped out of existence and replaced by literally anyone better than Ezra than I'll barely care about the quality of the other projects.