[Movies] The DC Cinematic Universe - The David Zazlav Dumpster Fire.

I don't necessarily mind it, but I get where you're coming from. Kingdom Come is one of my all-time favourite comics, so I might be a bit biased. I think Alex Ross' intention was to make the symbol as simplistic as possible. So the top curve of the symbol is blended into the triangle itself. It's meant to be a darker design, to reflect his feelings on the world he's in in that story.

I wouldn't want it as a permanent design, but I think it's suitable for the story in Kingdom Come.

Posting image behind spoilers for reference for others:

Yeah I understand, plus it's fitting for the story of Kingdom Come that this Superman's symbol is, shall we say, distorted. It's just that when I first saw that symbol, without having read Kingdom Come, I was all like, "That is such a terrible Superman symbol" and that feeling's stuck with me since, like a pet peeve.

Yeah I understand, plus it's fitting for the story of Kingdom Come that this Superman's symbol is, shall we say, distorted. It's just that when I first saw that symbol, without having read Kingdom Come, I was all like, "That is such a terrible Superman symbol" and that feeling's stuck with me since, like a pet peeve.
Oh yeah, I recall even fan reaction was like that at the time, too. I wasn't crazy about it at first.

My beef is when it keeps showing up elsewhere when it's not really Kingdom Come Superman. Like Brandon Routh's appearance in the Crisis crossover. They used...bits of the Kingdom Come story but it wasn't quite the same.

At least it looks more like an S than whatever the hell they had going with the Batman Beyond Superman symbol.

GREAT episode, but I hate the design.

Superman Batman Beyond.JPG