The Dream Thread

I had a very odd dream that I posted a clip from @Dei's twitch streaming on imgur, and it got her a whole lot of new viewers, and she got mad at me about it because she didn't want people watching her stream.

... what?

I asked her "if you don't want people to watch, why are you streaming?" And she just made the frustrated Anna noise.
Help, this is too true to life.

I've been binge watching Deep Space Nine. Recently I had a Star Trek spy movie dream. In my dream I came up with a cool device, a wrist mounted transporter/replicator. It stores things like weapons, armor and devices like a tricorder. I thought it would be a cool "bag of holding" for a Star Trek character.

From time to time I have a nightmare that I'm late for my university film studies class.

Only I never went to university or studied film.

GasBandit

Staff member
I had a dream that I had rented an apartment and found out that the flooring was not tile, not carpet, not hardwood.... mulch. Like, peat moss.

Then I spilled something on it and tried to vacuum it up. It did not go well.

I had a dream that I had rented an apartment and found out that the flooring was not tile, not carpet, not hardwood.... mulch. Like, peat moss.

Then I spilled something on it and tried to vacuum it up. It did not go well.
Everyone knows you use a Swiffer for mulch flooring. You fool!

figmentPez

Staff member
@LittleKagsin had a sex dream about me! :)

She wasn't the one having sex with me, and walked out when she knew it was about to happen. :(

The women I was with were "all like next level HOT." :)

I was hanging out in some sort of attic, and I had a murphy bed. :confused:

One of the ladies was telling the others how incredible I was, and another had to find out if it was true. :)

I've always been enamored with the idea of a murphy bed. Fold it up and there's so much room for activities!

@LittleKagsin had a sex dream about me! :)

She wasn't the one having sex with me, and walked out when she knew it was about to happen. :(

The women I was with were "all like next level HOT." :)

I was hanging out in some sort of attic, and I had a murphy bed. :confused:

One of the ladies was telling the others how incredible I was, and another had to find out if it was true. :)
Haha, this is all true!! I did have this dream :rofl: I was hyping him up too, all excited that this girl was gonna have sex with him. IM A GOOD FRIEND, OKAY!

Last night/early this morning, I dreamt that I was explaining the plot of Spider-Man: No Way Home to my wife and her family. They're very much not geeky like me, so I was having trouble explaining all the nuances to them, and apparently I got frustrated and gave out a long angry sigh. According to my wife, I actually sighed loudly and dramatically right there in bed, and she was wondering what I was dreaming of.

I haven't even seen Spider-Man: No Way Home.

I dreamed that I was back in college, but for some reason I had two co-ed roommates. I was able to arrange a larger house rental because I am all of the sudden earning what I am earning now. But for some reason we had to move the furniture around because the new house took up the same space that our tiny one room apartment was in. So my brothers and deceased father showed up to move the furniture. [This might be a good time to mention that he new house looks like the Brady home.] Then I sat in the back yard waiting for my pets to show up. But instead of Ralph from my profile picture, it was my dog that died 10 years ago.

I dreamed that young me, a young cub scout boy, Jack Black and some young girl could all link up psychically to become one mind and needed to in order to avert some danger.... but they didn't want to because she was a girl. So i had to argue why that was wrong to Jack Black. It felt very Goosebumps or something

I had a dream where I was in the hallway and stairs of a large court house. The guy behind me sounded like Thurston Howell III, but spoke with the cadence of Trump. I turned around and it was Trump dressed like Thurston, without makeup and wearing a grey beard. I was only hearing his half of the conversation on his cell phone. He was mostly whining about all the crimes that he was facing charges for. He ended the conversation with a, "Fuck you too Junior."

Just woke up from a bad dream. I was working for some kind of crisis hotline (wow, that'd be a bad idea).

A girl was having a panic attack.

I tried telling her the story of how I discovered my yoga rock, to keep her mind off things, but also as an example of a grounding technique.

It failed miserably. She kept interrupting me, demanding I get to the point. The point was that it ended with me "getting" meditation for the first time at my yoga rock, how I pushed away all insecurities to tell myself "I am here."

It didn't work and she scolded me.

She said it was a dumb story, that I shouldn't be focusing on myself when trying to help someone in a crisis. And she was right. So I tried guiding her through some grounding techniques like focusing on what her hands are doing.

I think it was working, but that's when I woke up.

While in the context of giving such support it may not have been ideal, please don't let your subconscious convince you it's a bad story.
I like it, and it has helped me find the energy to do at least something on some of my worse moments. It could absolutely be a part of, say, a speech on a mental health subject for audience.

I dreamt that I had an illegitimate daughter who'd grown up to become a star player for Chelsea Women (a professional association football team in England).

I told my wife about this dream when I woke up, and she got pissed at me for having an illegitimate dream daughter.

Lately a female friend of mine, a classmate from university, will consistently show up in my dreams as a random character. Occasionally she plays a major role, but more often she just shows up in the background. The weird thing is that I haven't talked to this person in about five years, and before she started showing up in my dreams, I hadn't really thought about her at all.

I suspect there's something of a feedback loop going on, in which I've started thinking about her more these days because she keeps showing up in my dreams, which then in turn causes her to pop up more often.

I've been looking into getting my wisdom teeth removed, after a dentist told me to do it about 15 years ago. I dreamed that it was bothering me, so I just reached into my mouth and simply pulled them out. "Huh, that was easy," I thought. Then the rest of my teeth started falling out as well. I have these typical tooth falling out dreams a couple times a year.

I dreamt last night that I was visiting my sister, and it turned out that Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was also visiting her, because apparently my sister was good friends with AOC and just never thought to mention that before now. And I was all like, "Cool, my sister is friends with a celebrity."

I dreamt that I was working in the kitchen at Gordon Ramsay's restaurant.

I may be watching too much Hell's Kitchen.

figmentPez

Staff member
I had a romantic dream last night. A crush I had nearly a decade ago showed up again, and wanted to be with me, and we went to the movies, and I put my arm around her, and she put her head on my shoulder, and we talked about how much we wanted to be together.

Then I woke up to being alone, as I have been for such a long time. So I'm in a really downer mood today. My brain is fucking asshole.

Just woke up from a really bad dream. I was out hiking/camping with my late dog, Digby, who I lost around 20 years ago.

We camped for the night and I woke up the next morning with him completely frozen.

He didn't die that way in real life. We'd never hiked or camped together.

It's been a while since a had a lucid dream. I was dreaming that my dad didn't die and he faked his dead. I was "I know my dad died, why does my subconscious hates me so much?".

why does my subconscious hates me so much?
You know how you think you're doing someone a favor, but then when you see their reaction, you realize you've actually just done a terrible thing? Subconciousnesses be like that sometimes.

--Patrick

My dreams did this to me the other week that my grandfather, who died when I was was in middle school 20 years ago, was somehow still alive and waking up from a coma. I would have rather just had a nightmare.

GasBandit

Staff member
I had the oddest dream that I was forced to play cards against Celt Z's husband while wearing a midriff-baring cut off Philadelphia Eagles jersey.

I dreamt last night that I owned a self-driving car. Might've been a Tesla, but it didn't look like any Tesla currently in existence. And I was using the self-driving car to ferry me and my classmates to and from prom. My male classmates were swooning over the car, but my female classmates (who I'd usually want to impress with my self-driving car) were unfortunately unimpressed.

figmentPez

Staff member
I had a dream last night where I got married. Very strange dream for a number of reasons, but the funny part was the gifts we had to give to the guests. Bottles of salad dressing that said His and Hers, that we'd put through a machine at the reception to slap on a Theirs label over the cap. I went looking for my best man so I could joke with him, "Dear God, they've even pronoun-ed the salad dressing!"