[Gaming] The Greatest Game Review Ever; That Shitty New Family Guy Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
The multiverse, one of the most unfathomable concepts by man....and the most they come up with is a pirate level. Insert Family Guy is low on ideas joke here.

I like pirates.
As do I, but from what I've seen from this review and other reviews though it has JUST a pirate level. An entire freaking multiverse, where literally ANYTHING can happen and the most this game could think of was something that all ready bloody exists! For fucks sake, some imagination is all I ask!

It's only since games moved to 3D that movie games became complete shit. There were tons of fun movie games (not denying there were shitty ones too, but not almost universally) in the SNES and NES eras.

Of course, the N64 made FPS's popular on consoles with a movie game.

GasBandit

Staff member
It's only since games moved to 3D that movie games became complete shit. There were tons of fun movie games (not denying there were shitty ones too, but not almost universally) in the SNES and NES eras.

Of course, the N64 made FPS's popular on consoles with a movie game.
I still maintain goldeneye was horrible. It's just console players had never played a 3D fps before, so their first piece of chocolate was something carried around in an armpit for a week... was still the best chocolate they ever tasted. Goldeneye came out the same time as Duke3D and Quake 2.

Singing goldeneye's praises because it was the first console FPS is like saying this:

revolutionized the portable phone industry.

That said, the batman movie game for NES wasn't bad.

I gotta say, I'm with Gas. I had a chance to directly compare because my first experience with Goldeneye was on a friend's N64 emulator on his PC. The contrast with actual PC first person shooters was painfully obvious.

Ravenpoe knows what's up. Some old school movie games were bad ass.

I'm gonna add

And it's sequels.

All the Disney NES games by Capcom were top notch, even ones like The Little Mermaid.

And there are a few cases of more modern movie games being excellent (and even better than the movies they're based on)

SNES/Genesis had the largest stable of great movie/cartoon spinoff games. I'd say any Disney IP done in the Capcom era is pretty top-notch (Mickey platformers, Goof Troop, etc). There's also the Data East Addams' Family games, which were fun (but holy shit they were hard).

SNES/Genesis had the largest stable of great movie/cartoon spinoff games. I'd say any Disney IP done in the Capcom era is pretty top-notch (Mickey platformers, Goof Troop, etc). There's also the Data East Addams' Family games, which were fun (but holy shit they were hard).
Nintendo hard.

I remember the Addams Family Values game on the SNES had NOTHING to do with the movie, yet was excellent and hard as fuck.

GasBandit

Staff member
Fester's quest was pretty fun, though it wasn't really a movie tie-in, I suppose, as it predated the movie by 2 years. And was basically a blaster master clone, minus the vehicle parts..

It was entirely a Master Blaster clone. The shots you fired and many of the enemies were ripped directly from that game. It was still AMAZING.

I think Pugsley's Quest was the only one to tie in to something of the modern AF reboots, in the form of the 90's cartoon. The rest seemed to show up around the time the cartoon and movies were big, but didn't tie to any of them.

Goldeneye 64 came out in 1997. Honestly, what FPS games before '97 blew Goldeneye out of the water? Jedi Knight came out in '97 and it was good, but it was just a different kind of game. I certainly don't think either Doom or Duke Nukem stood up to 007 technically and Goldeneye finally started the push from beyond "KILL ALL MONSTERS". I think it's rightfully so called a landmark game in the FPS genre.

Goldeneye 64 came out in 1997. Honestly, what FPS games before '97 blew Goldeneye out of the water? Jedi Knight came out in '97 and it was good, but it was just a different kind of game. I certainly don't think either Doom or Duke Nukem stood up to 007 technically and Goldeneye finally started the push from beyond "KILL ALL MONSTERS". I think it's rightfully so called a landmark game in the FPS genre.
It's the first landmark for console FPS multiplayer. In terms of FPS multiplayer in general, though, it's really Quake and later Unreal Tournament that took it to a whole new level.

Status
Not open for further replies.