THE HOBBIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/b231946_hobbit_finally_begins_filming_peter.html#ixzz1HG2viQj7
...principal photography did indeed start today at the Stone Street Studios in Wellington, New Zealand...
Pics or it didn't happen!

... ...with director Peter Jackson himself taking a moment to post pics to his Facebook page from the film's set.
http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/b231946_hobbit_finally_begins_filming_peter.html#ixzz1HG2viQj7
Oh, I guess it did happen then

I'm actually pretty sure that he's on set. I think the background might be a green screen or a matte painting, but in the other photo he posted, he's clearly sitting on set.

Anyway, yeah it doesn't actually prove anything. Could just be to dispel rumours/ remind people that this movie is still being made. But I'm still excited.

I actually think he looks a lot better now than he did on King Kong when her first lost all the weight (Why does nobody remember that?). He was really.... saggy then. Looks like he's bulked up a bit and filled in his frame again a bit now.

P

Philosopher B.

I am definitely going to have to re-read The Hobbit again, because I cannot for the life of me remember who in the blue blazes the Master of Laketown is. But Stephen Fry rules, so I guess FUCK YEAH?

figmentPez

Staff member
The two movies now have names!

The first one is called The Lord of the Rings Begins: The Hobbit: Rise of Gollum and the second is called The Lord of the Rings Begins: The Hobbit: Attack of the Five Armies
The two movies come out Dec 14, 2012 and Dec 13, 2013

They're really going to be The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and The Hobbit: There and Back Again.

I believe the second movie bridges the Hobbit and the LOTR's Wasabi. So he probably won't be in the first Hobbit, just the second.

The two movies now have names!

The two movies come out Dec 14, 2012 and Dec 13, 2013

They're really going to be The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and The Hobbit: There and Back Again.
Those release dates can't be real. Can they? 2012 will see The Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises, and the first Hobbit film? And here I thought 2011 was a fun film year.

I really hope all that's said is true and that The Hobbit will be one film and the bridging material will be the second, as was the intent while del Toro was going to be directing. I don't want to see The Hobbit divided up.
Added at: 23:10
Oh, and thanks for posting this. Cool to see the sets again, and those playing the dwarfs sitting around the table. I grinned when I saw Ian McKellen sitting there.

The Dwarfs of the Lonely Mountain:

I should probably see less of this stuff, because I want to have surprises and excitement left for when the movie comes out at the end of 2012.

Just posted in the trailer thread; totally forgot we had a thread for it on its own.

Looks fantastic :D. This is a much less grim story overall than LOTR, even if it's serious to some of the characters, and I've been looking forward to it.

Though now I'm confused over how the movies are being split, since all we're seeing is Misty Mountains, Rivendell, trolls--nothing of Mirkwood or the Lonely Mountain. I thought the second movie was going to be a new story taking place between Hobbit and LOTR. I'm hoping that's the case, because I'd rather we have one single solid Hobbit movie, and that they just didn't put that later stuff in the first trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.