The Kickstarter Bonanza - Everything Edition

My friend Sam Owen, who drew the two comic strip gags I wrote, is doing a Kickstarter right now for a manga-style series. He's really struggling to hit his goal and I'd really like to see him hit it.

He's also currently on Hour 5 of a 24-hour Twitch stream to raise awareness for the Kickstarter. At the moment, he's on a warpath of drawing Garfield in various forms. As of this moment, he's drawing Shin Garfzilla. I challenged him to do Garfzilla vs Mecha-Garfzilla, and promised to double my pledge if he does it.

Last edited:
And it looks like I'll be jumping onto his stream in about half an hour from now. Mostly just to give him someone to talk to and keep him motivated to keep going. And because I really want to support his work.

Aaaaaaaand as a thank you for upping my pledge earlier, Darren Vogt, another artist on this project, just gave me this sketch.

When I bugged people for Dill sketches years ago, I wish I thought of the short hand description of "Think Harvey Bullock from the Batman Animated Series, but as a 9-banded armadillo." It's SO much easier than whatever cockamamie long-winded description I'd stutter out.

Darren Vogt - Dilbert.jpg

When I bugged people for Dill sketches years ago, I wish I thought of the short hand description of "Think Harvey Bullock from the Batman Animated Series, but as a 9-banded armadillo." It's SO much easier than whatever cockamamie long-winded description I'd stutter out.
IIRC, when I called him "Peter Falk as Columbo, but an armadillo," you said "yeah." :D

IIRC, when I called him "Peter Falk as Columbo, but an armadillo," you said "yeah." :D
You know, thinking about that, I'm actually not sure if I agree with that now. Columbo is far too polite, more into tricking his suspects into admitting guilt, usually with his "Just one more thing..."

Dill more stumbles through a case, gets his ass handed to him at every step, plays dirty and mean, and usually lucks into solving it by making an ass of himself.

Dave

Staff member
You know, thinking about that, I'm actually not sure if I agree with that now. Columbo is far too polite, more into tricking his suspects into admitting guilt, usually with his "Just one more thing..."

Dill more stumbles through a case, gets his ass handed to him at every step, plays dirty and mean, and usually lucks into solving it by making an ass of himself.
Harry Dresden with scales and a tail.

Weird Satanist (Arby's guy?) has a Kickstarter for his forthcoming movie, Onyx The Fortuitous and the Talisman of Souls. I'dun'o. Onyx is pretty cool.
So, I backed this..it made it's goal. They just recently announced some of the cast.

Olivia Taylor Dudley (from the Magicians..my favorite actor in that show. This one makes my heart jump for joy)
Jessica Parker Kennedy (The Flash, Smallville)
Stephnie Weir (Lots of one-shot stuff on TV that I haven't seen, like Veep)
Rivka Reyes (School of Rock)

Reactions: Far
Trying something to get my friend's campaign funded. He's ALMOST at the halfway mark.

I honestly don't think he's going to hit the goal at this point, with only about 16 hours to go, but it's worth trying.