[Brazelton] The Microsoft "We're-Totally-Not-An-Apple-Store" Store

I don't know if it was 100% COVID-19-related or whether they just decided it was finally time after 11 years:

The company’s retail team members will continue to serve customers from Microsoft corporate facilities and remotely providing sales, training, and support. [...] The evolution of our workforce ensured we could continue to serve customers of all sizes when they needed us most, working remotely these last months,” said Porter. “Speaking over 120 languages, their diversity reflects the many communities we serve. Our commitment to growing and developing careers from this talent pool is stronger than ever. [...] We are energized about the opportunity to innovate in how we engage with all customers, maximize our talent for greatest impact, and most importantly help our valued customers achieve more.
So it doesn't sound like there will be any layoffs, at least not right now. Good on them for that.

--Patrick

Last edited:
I knew they existed mainly because I was invited by someone to apply there not that long after I got my MCSA.
At that time, they were still getting established, so they were offering generous incentives to come onboard. But the only one near me was too far away for me to consider it, so I had to decline.

--Patrick