The Perfect Woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy spent about 20k of his own money to build an android. The result is so, so creepy:

http://projectaiko.com/index.html

Check out some of the vids.

I guess the obvious question to pose to any lonely forumites out there, though, is if you had the resources to buy a robotic woman, would you? (And would you program it, as Le Trung did, to slap you in the face if you grabbed its tits? :lol: )

Quote from Geppetto:

"For those of you who are asking the same questions.

Yes, Aiko has silicone in her entire body.

Yes, Aiko has sensors in her body including her prviate parts, and yes even down there.

AND yes Aiko is still a virgin, AND NO I do not sleep with her."

:roll: Think she has a hymen?

North_Ranger

Staff member
Old news... It was mentioned here a week ago (can't find the thread, though).

Still, it's good to see that there's at least one sorry S.O.B. that's even more pathetic relationship-wise than yours truly.

K

Kitty Sinatra

HowDroll said:
This guy spent about 20k of his own money to build an android . . . if you had the resources to buy a robotic woman, would you?
Seeing as I could buy a lot of sex with real women for that kinda cash, no I wouldn't buy a robot.

Gruebeard said:
HowDroll said:
This guy spent about 20k of his own money to build an android . . . if you had the resources to buy a robotic woman, would you?
Seeing as I could buy a lot of sex with real women for that kinda cash, no I wouldn't buy a robot.
You see, the difference is you would rent, where he prefers to buy.

A

Aisaku

Googled a video: http://www.videosift.com/video/Project-Aiko-Fembot

While the possibility of androids as consumer goods is awesome, it still seems distant... movement is jerky, they have a hard time even walking...

Personally I couldn't care less. Give me an AI I can talk to and talks back a la Lyja in Spider-man 2099 or the Jarvis AI in Iron Man.

K

Kitty Sinatra

The worst thing about a fembot is her response when you ask for a blow job.

"I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that"

R

Rubicon

If I had 20k I'd build one.

Yea, you could go the 20k on prostitutes route but that kinda ranks lower in my book, and even then there is no guarantee they'll sleep with you no matter how much you pay'em.

K

Kitty Sinatra

Ravenpoe said:
Gruebeard said:
HowDroll said:
You see, the difference is you would rent, where he prefers to buy.
Right. Because repairs are a bitch and she loses half her value the moment you :quote: drive her off the lot :quote:

K

Kitty Sinatra

Mav said:
and even then there is no guarantee they'll sleep with you no matter how much you pay'em.
Dude. The payment is the guarantee. That's the whole fucking point

A

Aisaku

And this spins my mind into all those old science fiction explorations... what do we find attractive in relationships? Is it a discernible pattern that can be abstracted to a system? Or is it so complex so multilayered and context sensitive to so many factors that it becomes impossible to simulate?

I saw the Iron Giant again last night... in that film Hogarth, the main character poses that since the Giant can understand, relate and show emotions he must have a soul... I wonder...

"it's real *cue beavis laugh* you can touch it, *beavis laugh*"

I'll tell you some thing. I am totally behind projects like this though, at least when they manage to avoid the uncanny valley problem, only because I kinda worry about the really lonely, really desperate guys out there.

And I mean hey, I use a vibrator, so, whatever.

R

Rubicon

Gruebeard said:
Mav said:
and even then there is no guarantee they'll sleep with you no matter how much you pay'em.
Dude. The payment is the guarantee. That's the whole fucking point
Yea, for the cheaper ones. The high dollar ones are more likely to pick and choose their clients, like Inara from Firefly. Well not so much pick and choose but it wouldn't be surprising if a rather poor fellow who wasn't much of a looker got told "no" by a high class prostitute even when he's paying like 10k.

the robot will never say no, unless it develops some fucked up evil A.I. which is ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

K

Kitty Sinatra

Mav said:
. . . like Inara from Firefly . . .
I don't know how to respond to a fictional hooker reference. A nerd's wet dream hooker reference especially. :humph:

R

Rubicon

it's sad? dude built himself a companion.

you have to stop and realize, there are 6.5 billion, give or take, people on the planet. for examples sake, half that number. So you're looking at around 3 billion straight people (for example) of each gender. even out of 3 billion people, there is not someone out there for everyone. and not everyone is interested in paying for sex with a prostitute or isn't able to (maybe he built the robot over time? i skimmed the article).

dude's a hero in my book, why waste years of your life searching when you can assemble one? is it as good? no obviously not, it has it's major drawbacks but if he's happy, why shit on his parade?

A

Aisaku

Gusto said:
You are soooo sexy, PHILIP J. FRY.
And then you had to remind me of Futurama, lighten my mood and make me chuckle... :lol: Is this the same episode where Fry gets a virtual girlfriend based on Lucy Liu?

Aisaku said:
Gusto said:
You are soooo sexy, PHILIP J. FRY.
And then you had to remind me of Futurama, lighten my mood and make me chuckle... :lol: Is this the same episode where Fry gets a virtual girlfriend based on Lucy Liu?
Hell yes.
"Can you guess the name of Billy's planet? IT WAS EARTH! DON'T DATE ROBOTS!"

Status
Not open for further replies.