[TV] The What Animation Are You Watching Thread 2!: The Sequel!

Masters of the Universe Revolution

Not as good as Revelation part two and one, bu tit had fanTASTIC animation and tons of fun reference to the series, also Skeletor was awesome in this.

Just finished X-men 92, LOVED it, still holds up, even the final season with the new studio and how this show was NEVER aired in correct order, but still great!

And immediately AFTER watching that, I started X-men Evolution...utterly awkward transition, different animation, different art style, different voice direction, and what's CRAZY about it was that it was produced only THREE years after the previous series, like WHAT?!

Not saying Evolution is bad mind you, only on ep 2, but it was still an awkward leap.

And immediately AFTER watching that, I started X-men Evolution...utterly awkward transition, different animation, different art style, different voice direction, and what's CRAZY about it was that it was produced only THREE years after the previous series, like WHAT?!

Not saying Evolution is bad mind you, only on ep 2, but it was still an awkward leap.
It grows on you... like a fungus.

Invincible season 2 episode 5 is reminding me why I noped out of the comic. I wasn't enjoying reading so much grisly suffering.
The cloning gal, Kate I think, had a bullshit death. Some of the gory one-shot kills of her clones were nonsensical. And then there was the killing blow. It might as well have been Looney Tunes instead of some gritty take on superheroes.

X-Men 97 has blown my fucking socks off. I still do not like the voice of Wolverine and it's weird having Jennifer Hale as Jean since she's so distinct but fuck me, this show is God damn speedrunning X-Men history at such a breakneck pace I expect them to be living on Krakoa by the second season.

Just pure joy from me seeing the 80s and 90s X-Men comics I nerded out on as a kid so beautifully (another shock is the animation in places) animated. There were so many issues from Inferno in the big box of comics I got as a kid for Christmas.

X-Men 97 has blown my fucking socks off. I still do not like the voice of Wolverine and it's weird having Jennifer Hale as Jean since she's so distinct but fuck me, this show is God damn speedrunning X-Men history at such a breakneck pace I expect them to be living on Krakoa by the second season.

Just pure joy from me seeing the 80s and 90s X-Men comics I nerded out on as a kid so beautifully (another shock is the animation in places) animated. There were so many issues from Inferno in the big box of comics I got as a kid for Christmas.
The series really is targeted at people that read the comics in the 90s, and is able to reach into your brain and pull out the coolest shit you remember as a kid and show you it's still cool